Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

G'Day Everyone,

I had a go at this for the first time on the weekend and I must admit I found it dead easy to do. I rollered (12mm wool) the first coat and thought "Have I done this right" but then I did the second and final coat (crisscross) and it came up fine (well I think so anyway).

I went on the advice of some friends of mine who had done it and they said go all the way across the wall and then work your way back and so on and so on until you hit the floor.

I wasn't too careful about the finish as I was going along as I thought the effect was supposed to look splotchy and rough anyway .

Even if I did muck it up I was doing it in one of the kid's rooms anyway so it was ok for a practice.

Good luck with it all.

Rod

THsi is a wall i did a few years ago. Only the bottom half has suede effects. 4 liters did a large bedroom and a study. I brushed both coats. My theory was that the suede look was caused by a combination of the sand and brush marks. I thought that having 2 layers of brush strokes, would make a more variable finish, and less likely to show changes in technique.

I painted top to bottom about 1/2 metre wide. Do each coat in one go, so you don't change technique and starting at the door, so if the start and end are differnet, it won't show up.