Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    This was not a post to denigrate you, just each model varies and you just don't know what the capabilities of each unit are, our DVD recorder has no RF out but a RF bypass, it is a Phillips unit and others I saw all differed.
    Bear in mind too that a lot of brand names are merely badge engineered.
    Iain

No offence taken. I just posted based on my experience with my Panasonic Video. I wasn't talking about the RF on the DVD but on the Video.

Thanks for your help lads but as I said previously there are NO other connection points except one - for the aerial no red no white & no yellow connections anywhere else on the TV. As stated previously it is 17 years old.

Barry White I tried your set set up as stated and all I could get to appear on the TV screen was the video - no DVD picture I tried many combinations e.g. turning the VCR off but it didn't work.

Gumpy thanks for your offer of help but I have had enough of p-------g around and I am going to get a panasonic guy in later on in the week to set it up if possible. But I bet it cannot be done because the TV is too old and needs additional connectors on it to work. Btw, the DVD does have another set of input plugs at the front but that didn't work either. I don't know if the TV work with this TV and I not willing to try.

Thanks once again but I've had enough.

Cheers
    David

It positive it will work. You need to connect the VCR to the input plugs on the front of the DVD, set the DVD to the AV number corresponding to the AV number of that front panel using the source button, put a cassette in the VCR, turn on the TV and providing it's tuned to the DVD recorder, you should see the picture being played by the VCR. then hit record.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    It positive it will work. You need to connect the VCR to the input plugs on the front of the DVD, set the DVD to the AV number corresponding to the AV number of that front panel using the source button, put a cassette in the VCR, turn on the TV and providing it's tuned to the DVD recorder, you should see the picture being played by the VCR. then hit record.
    I thought that is what he wanted to do was watch the videos as they were being recorded. He just isn't going to be able to watch his DVD's on that TV so he will have to invest in another TV to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_White View Post
    I thought that is what he wanted to do was watch the videos as they were being recorded. He just isn't going to be able to watch his DVD's on that TV so he will have to invest in another TV to be able to do that.
    That's why I asked the question about whether he can see the DVD player picture without worrying about the VCR. It makes a difference if he can. If he can't then there's no point trying to copy the tapes.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Gumby I tried what you said but it didn't work so I went out this arvo and purchased myself an el cheapo TV with all the required connections. So in the coming days I will set it up as stated in the manual and hopefully get my tapes put on the discs as required.

Thanks once again.

cheers
    David

No worries but it's bugging me now

make sure you let us know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    No worries but it's bugging me now

make sure you let us know the result.
    Hi Gumby,

I will be trying (again) one night this week to sort out the wiring configuration with the new TV. If this doesn't I was going to get someone in from the trade to do it up for me. However, having talked to my new work colleagues this morning they said they both did it via the computer as suggested by Peter & Terry . They said the quality of the final product depends on how much you are prepared to pay fo the TV card. Given that I don't know anything about this subject matter I have a couple of questions to ask

Is the quality of the picture (and sound) better going through the TV rather than through a computer?.

Is it true the quality of the picture (and sound) depends on how much you spend on the TV card?

If using a computer is the way to go, which brands should I look for when choosing a TV card? I am prepared to spend some serious money on it if need be as I have a lot of family footage to be taped and there is a lot of sentimental value to them.

Thanks to those who reply.

Regards
    David