Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Small bathroom renovation almost complete

Hi all,

Here are some pictures of my almost complete small bathroom renovation. This is the main bathroom for the house and measures about 2.3 x 2.4m.

This is the view walking in the door of the shower and bath on the right. Opposite the bath is the toilet with the vanity in the left-hand side closest to the door

The original bathroom had a shower over the bath, surrounded by ugly grey tilux and a terazzo floor (which was unsalvageable as it has many chips and holes filled with concrete where things had been moved over the years.

One of the primary aims was to separate the bath from the shower and this was achieved by using a japanese style bath (smaller but deeper) and having part of the shower wall be the side of the bath.

In order to maximise the space a few conscious decisions were made. We decided on a frameless shower to help maximise the feeling of space. The tiling pattern on the floor is continuous into the shower to help this also. Light colours were selected (tiles are a light coffee colour and the walls a half-shade of the tile colour) also to help the feeling of space. A 300mm deep vanity with a semi-recessed basin gives us plenty of storage and still a bit of room to move. Finally a large mirror helps make the bathroom feel bigger than it is.

The vanity was sourced from our friendly forum member "Sybarite" with me organising the granite top directly myself and I reckon I probably saved about $600-$800 doing it this way. The paint finish is two-pack.

Only a couple of small jobs to do - install some towel rails and a shelf in the shower.

I'd been lurking here for a long time before I started posting so a big thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. Feel free to ask if you have any questions on my reno.

Cheers

sco

I love the look of the VJs on the walls, been thinking of doing the same, and the offset diagonal tiles.

Hi sco

Very nice - I like the cute little window.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi sco

Very nice - I like the cute little window.

Celeste
    Thanks. The window is original. I have 40 original 9-light windows like that in the house, some with stained glass. Slowly restoring them... that's 360 panes of glass to putty!!.

Hi sco

I am doing boring wooden windows - yawnings. ten ton of paint (lead) etc. putty not to bad, I am paint stripping and wet sanding and where they are a bit loose I am using a white window sealer rather than putty.
    about 20 so about 80 sections.

celeste

Continuing OT...

I found stripping much easier with a heat gun (and corresponding protective gear) but I'm taking the glass out as the putty has absolutely had it (sneeze on it and it falls out). Enjoy... not.. know how you feel.