Default Architrave Base Blocks

Just been renovating my bedrooms in Victorian period style. The problem I have is that the skirting I have used is 32mm thick and the the arcs are 19mm.

The reason for the thicker skirts is that in some places around the room has a gap of 30mm between the sole plate and the flooring hence the 32mm.

So obviously the where the skirts meet the arcs looks rubbish, so I have been looking at some base blocks but I'm not quite sure what style, size etc. to get.

The size of the skirt is 220mm high x 32mm thick and the arcs are 117mm wide x 19mm thick.

Any suggestions or tips for installing would be greatly appreciated .

For reasons of aesthetics (look, a carpenter who knows how to spell that dreaded word! ) I reckon the block needs to be thicker and higher than the skirting and wider than the architrave. I'd start with some 40mm thick craftwood (maybe laminate two or more layers to get this), maybe 250 high and 125 wide. Probably the best bet would be to get some skirting and architrave offcuts and lay them on the bench and keep mucking around with the dimensions until it looks right. Depending on how ornate the rest of the trims are you might want to put a cap on top, just a flat ledge, slightly larger than the block, say 10mm all round. Or maybe cut a rosette into it. Just keep playing around with it until you're happy with the look. Oh, and don't forget to post some pics when you're done.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

here is a product that might suite you...

http://www.subirest.com.au/abm/sr_abm_mouldings.html

Skirting block SB4 - 134 x 32mm

im using skirting block SB1