Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Queensland Financial Institutions

Hi to all BBBB(bulletin board banana benders) as I'm looking to open an apprenticeship in banana bendin' with a move to your fair state can I ask of you what do you recommend in Qld in regards to Banks/Credit Unions etc, as I need to establish an account with a reputable institution and one that won't "Rip Ya Bloody Arms Off" as to quote Aunty Jack?

I know that I could search for ever and after analysing all, finally settle with something but sometimes it's best to ask the guy's/gals on the ground there where their preferences lie.

Thanks in Anticipation

Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by John Saxton View Post
    Hi to all BBBB(bulletin board banana benders) as I'm looking to open an apprenticeship in banana bendin' with a move to your fair state can I ask of you what do you recommend in Qld in regards to Banks/Credit Unions etc, as I need to establish an account with a reputable institution and one that won't "Rip Ya Bloody Arms Off" as to quote Aunty Jack?

I know that I could search for ever and after analysing all, finally settle with something but sometimes it's best to ask the guy's/gals on the ground there where their preferences lie.

Thanks in Anticipation

Cheers
    There isn't anything reputable in QLD. leave the money where it is.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Under the bed... Its the only place that wont charge you fees
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Gra View Post
    Under the bed... Its the only place that wont charge you fees
    Fees or fleas?

Al

Try Queensland Teachers' Credit Union

SWMBO and I bank with Suncorp and are very happy with them. The have good interest rates on the net saver accounts and very minimal account fees.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

A big steel bound wooden box. Lots of heavy chains and impressive padlocks. A giant, black dog to sit on top

Oh hang on, you're moving to Qld. Don't worry mate, you won't have any surplus money to store

Be wary of Credit Unions - all their claims about not having fees are bulldust and you can get caught very easily if you aren't careful. Mind you, they're still better than banks, just don't believe the rubbish they tell you.

Richard

Looks like we're moving over from one of the biggies to Heritage Building Society. The former are now trying to match the offer...

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.