Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    So I wonder who the next leader of the opposition will be,
    Little Johnny or Peter Whatisname
    Fingers crossed.

I read this somewhere, and agree. You watch, shrub, can see the writing on the wall, just before the election, he will resign, handing the poison chalice to Peter whatshisname, and take the glory of being the longest serving undefeated leader of the party..
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

hes already lost an election while he was leader.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I can't find much to recommend either of the NSW state parties. I feel the incumbents have stuffed up bigtime but the opposition have nothing going for them either.
    However, I have to thank little johnny for providing my first and only break in over 40 years of voting. Every promise from both sides of politics has always been due to come in in 2 or 3 years and is canned as being too costly or too impracticable before it's implemented - the tax cuts that were L A W etc.
    BUT a 9 month window to boost my super, with all the age limits, work tests, preretirement programmes all made just for ME!!! Whohoo!! I haven't had a break like this since I missed the Nasho callup. (And I was ready to go, too.)
    Onya Johhny. Just get the GG's assent before the election. Don't care what happens to ya after that.
    Cheers
    Graeme

The thing that realy gives me the s word is the way each party misquote or take out of contex statements made by the others, espically when you listened to the statement made and then you see it so badly distorted, and to me it makes those who missquote liars pure and simple, though thats most of them are, and to compound matters I have to go to the polls and vote , deciding bhetween the BIGGEST liars , The most INCOMPETENT , or the seriously WEIRD,
    Where is the box to vote for the one who will honestly do their best and not just follow party lines or their own agenda.
    Rant over
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

It is getting bad when I have to vote for the polli who will do the least perceived damage.......

OK I'm getting some tips here that will come in handy once my campaign reaches full tilt, IE don't have lunch with a Mr Burke, misquote and take out of context everything said by the opposition.

I noticed another important tool of the pollies last night.... the hand movement. When you stand at a lectern you must use wave your hands in some really unnatural manner.

I have notices several secrete movements that they all have in common.

There's the hands moving outwards with the palms slightly raised ( to God?).
    Then there's the side of the hand chopping into the other hand like a cleaver.
    And there is the clenched fist placed in the palm of the other hand that wraps it up like that paper, scissors stone game.

I have also noticed it is only the top pollies, the leaders that use this secrete language, you never see a backbencher practice it.

It makes you wander... if they all use these standard movements who teaches them this art?

Is there a hand coach that they all use? Are they in the Yellow Pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    It makes you wander... if they all use these standard movements who teaches them this art?

Is there a hand coach that they all use? Are they in the Yellow Pages?

Sadly, Bleedin' you are right in one. Yes, in fact, there IS a hand coach.
    Cheers,

Bob

I wonder if there is a "Tell a bloody big lie and keep a straight face" coach?

I was watching George W give a speech and he looked as though he got the budget hand coach whilst Tony Blair has obviously got the delux model.

Locally Little John is quite good, plenty of practice I guess but if you want a good laugh watch Maurice Lemon who is still trying to get the hang of it all.