Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: shilloettes (?)

Default shilloettes (?)

I need some help please. We live in Yallunda Flat, between Tumby Bay and Cummins, Lower Eyre Peninsula. Around this busy place are the showgrounds and 3 houses ........nearest heighbor 1.5 K away. The showgrounds are well used and very popular for picnics etc as well as various shows.
    Next year is the 100 birthday of the show grounds and we want to repaint the buildings with Shilloettes(?) of old tractors, horse-buggies, penny farthing bikes, old childrens prams even people in old fashion clothing, old time music bands anything that represents the early history of Australia in that sort of form.
    We need stuff we can digitally photo in shilloette form or turn into shilloettes and then using a video projector put them on a wall and paint the outline.
    It sounds like a huge job but we are looking forward to the adventure but dont know where to look for stuff.
    I just know you smart intelligent folk out there will come to the aid of the party and all that stuff. Tony
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    even people in old fashion clothing,
    http://www.fashion-era.com/C20th_cos..._1920_1930.htm

This may help....or at least get you started.
    Retired member

Do you have any farm museums in the area ... Ceduna? Lincoln? Pt Augusta? Alternatively, but a bit of a trip ... Old Tailem Town, has it all.

Shxxx Old Tailem Town my wifes relitives own the place ....old age forgot all about it ta
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

go to google images and do a search for silhouettes

refine the search with....eg. tractor silhouettes

Dover books have several volumes of 19th Century vehicles, horses etc. - the illustrations are licenced as 'copyright free' for up to 12 illustrations used per book. You can search them on either Amazon or Dover's home site - Amazon may be quicker, or at least less distracting.

Rather than buying a bunch of books unseen, get the local library (or library bus) to get some by 'Inter Library Loan' so you can have a look. When you see something you like, take a photo of it with a 35mm camera loaded with slide film. When you get the film developed, you can then use a slide projector (borrowed from the library/local council/nearest school) to project the image onto the wall at night & sketch the outlines onto the wall to be filled in next work day.

Photo copy pictures then convert photo copies to transparencies and project the transparencies.