Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Concrete slab for shed

Can anyone give me a rough idea of a price for a concrete slab for a tin garden shed?

It's an Absco 3000 x 2180, nothing fancy, just somewhere to store stuff. Their web site says the slab needs to be 3100 x 2280 with a 70mm rebate around the edge. Not sure how thick though.

I'm going to ring a few places on Monday, but if anyone can give me a ball park figure, it'd be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Anthony

Don't know about Melbourne but around here they are charging around $100 m2 supplied and laid on level ground.

Hmm, $100m² comes to about $100 more than the cost of the shed. Perhaps I'll have a crack at it myself...
    Cheers,
    Anthony

I had mine done for about $65-$70m2 at 100mm thick
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

I work it out at half a cubic meter of concrete if you make it 80mm thick which is ample for a garden shed . You might want to make the edges thicker , say 200mm deep for the width of a shovel all around . About 5 bags of cement (6 to cover yourself ) and a 1/2 cubic meter of concreting gravel ( might as well get a whole meter ) cost you a a bit over hundred bucks . Mix it in a wheelbarrow , its only a small job . Screw/nail timber along your formwork to provide the rebate . Tap the formwork lightly to settle the concrete.
    My 2 cents worth .
    Rick
    uhm , where am I ?

I've recently done the slab for my shed with my father in law just over 5mx3m, the hardest work is levelling the ground to start off with.

Personally I would not waste my timing mixing it up, I'd get a concrete truck. You need formwork, some mesh and chairs and crushed rock. Ideally have a 2inch layer of crashed rock down first and compact this well (you can hire a compactor for around $50). Then lay plastic over that and sit the mesh on chairs on the plastic. When you pour the concrete you will need some sort of tool to use to screed (get a mate to help out with this). 2 hours later smooth it all out. If you are ordering concrete even for a small shed like this I would make the slab 100mm thick, it will not cost much more and the chance of cracking is minimal.

It is easy work once the ground is level but ideally you need 2 people when pouring the concrete.

regards

Marios
    You can never have enough planes, that is why Mr Stanley invented the 1/2s

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Rick, just what I needed to know. Now I can get my three year old Virgin Cement Mixer from under its tarp, and have a go. (When it comes in a bit cooler).

Is water still allowed to be used to mix cement?
    Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".

Quote Originally Posted by atregent View Post
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of a price for a concrete slab for a tin garden shed?

It's an Absco 3000 x 2180, nothing fancy, just somewhere to store stuff. Their web site says the slab needs to be 3100 x 2280 with a 70mm rebate around the edge. Not sure how thick though.

I'm going to ring a few places on Monday, but if anyone can give me a ball park figure, it'd be much appreciated.

i just paid $3000 for the slab to my new shed...

its 12m x 7m, and 2700 high to the gutter line...

included was plastic, red loam, formwork, mesh and chairs, and labour, including the clean up, and 200mm x 200mm trench around the perimeter...

the plastic wasnt mandatory, and i also got them to dig a 300mm pad wherever a post had to be chem bolted....

the concrete was approx $1600 in that price...

$1500 for a 6 x 4 m slab for me

cheers
    Wendy

Ended up doing the job myself on the weekend. $200 for the concrete, $30 for the timber formwork, and $21.95 for a new pair of gumboots.

Oh, and $13 for an edger thingy.
    Cheers,
    Anthony