Thread: toilet block??

Default toilet block??

Hi all helpful members,
    Just finishing my ensuite and got a problem hope you could help. When I flush the new toilet, it seems that the water in the toilet rise ( not flowing fast enough like normal). The problem gone when I opened the inspection hole outside the bathroom. Any idea what causes the problem?
    Thanks for your advise.
    Tiant

Sounds similar to an issue I had, which after having cleaned out all the pipe on my property with a snake, was found to be tree roots just off my property and had to be fixed my the water authority.

First stop 'always' as I have now learnt, is to check the boundary inspection point. If the water is high then it means there is a block outside your property and you have to get the water authority to fix it.

may be a lack of vents

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Quote Originally Posted by thebuildingsurv View Post
    may be a lack of vents
    Yep. You've forgotten to fit an air vent in the line once it gets outside the building and turns to go down into the ground.

Typically it's a length of 2' PVC rising to above roof level and it gives somewhere for all the displaced air being pushed ahead of the water (and other stuff) somewhere to go without getting in the way.....
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.

I have the opposite problem, when I come home sometimes I find the water low in the bowl.
    How does that happen?
    and no I don't have a dog.
    Is it the toilet fairy playin with me mind?
    Why does it never happen as you are watching?
    I often ponder this phenomenon

The last item on any branch of the system should have a vent so that it breaks the vacuum which is created as water flows along the main pipe. This avoids any U-bend or bowl from having its water sucked out until air enters and the pressure stabilises. This is particularly so when there are two toilets on the same branch.

Quote Originally Posted by tiant View Post
    Hi all helpful members,
    Just finishing my ensuite and got a problem hope you could help. When I flush the new toilet, it seems that the water in the toilet rise ( not flowing fast enough like normal). The problem gone when I opened the inspection hole outside the bathroom. Any idea what causes the problem?
    Thanks for your advise.
    Tiant

What is your diet like? You're not having All Bran for breakfast with a Metamucil chaser are you?

Retired member

rrich Guest

I had a similar problem once that was caused by the wax sealing ring between the toilet and drain pipe. The solution was to pour about 3 or 4 liters of warm water into the bowl. Allow the water to sit in the bowl for a few minutes and then flush. This moved the wax that was restricting the flow.

One would assume you did the reno yourself, if you did then you've wrecked it.

Too much water AND not enough water in the bowl are sure signs of a blokage or incorrect venting, without being at your house i cant say which but i can say either way your in for big bikkies
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!