Default desperately seeking in Perth

Hi all

It seems my next reno's are a bit more work than 1 pair of hands can handle and I woke up sat morning with a cranky neck - can't turn my head very well to the right.

I am looking for a second pair hands for the odd days help, I am thinking $150.00 per day 9.30am - 2.30pm - got to drop/ pick up kids from school.
    lunch and a beer after.

1st to jobs is to help pull down the old carport - need hands on the ground to pass the sheets to - they are about 6m or so and I only have about 2m to fence so I can't just let them slide off.

2nd - I have decided to reuse 600 x 600 cement pavers - but they are a bit heavy, I can get them up alright, but I need help to relay them.

So anyone know a lad/lassie, retired gent or strong lady etc.

see photos

Celeste, ill do it just for a few beers at the end of the day You will have to pay my airfair though

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    Celeste, ill do it just for a few beers at the end of the day You will have to pay my airfair though
    Excellant - just wait why i build up some frequent flyer points and your on. hey you can stay in the reno.

L.O.L

1st problem solved today - one of the fellas replacing the posts on the patio said he will do it for $150 and I do not have to help - bonus. so he's going to do on the week end.

the paving can wait whilst I build up those flyer points. L.O.L

celeste

So your right then Celeste?

What did you do with the old pergala? keep it bin it or give it away?

Pm me if you get despirate and depending on where in Perth you are I will make the trip and give you a hand... may even be able to rope young Ramps and a couple of others in for a days muckin about if need be? Im a fanbloodytastic orginamizer an stupidvisor
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

If you still need help, I am sure we could get a group together to lend a hand over a few drinks

Cheers

Nigel

Nice to see the offers of help from all you people. I'd lend a hand myself if you were in Sydney and threw on a BBQ celeste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    So your right then Celeste?

What did you do with the old pergala? keep it bin it or give it away?

Pm me if you get despirate and depending on where in Perth you are I will make the trip and give you a hand... may even be able to rope young Ramps and a couple of others in for a days muckin about if need be? Im a fanbloodytastic orginamizer an stupidvisor
    Hi Wild dingo and others

Thanks for all the offers.

Wild dingo-
    The pergola / patio just had the termite eaten post replaced ( they had broken off and the whole thing had shifted and standing on the stumps)

The carport, when it gets pulled down - I thought I might try a scrap metal merchant, might get a couple of $ for it.

Not much use to anyone - the roofing was already 2nd hand when they put it up ( lots of extra holes) and the other bits ? I do not know what you would use them for?

heres a photo of it - if anyone wants any of it they are welcome, I also dug out of the shed some steel sheets appros 1.5 x 1m about 1-2mm thick 2 of them if any one wants.

mobile 0413 626 063 the reno is in westfield / armadale .

Oh, things have turned out better to day - the 2 walls of tiles - floor to ceiling in the kitchen that I have been dreading. Were put on by the boggy brothers, started tapping at one and 6 fell off had all the tiles removed and the kitchen gutted in 2 hours. So I moved on to the bathroom, boggy brothers galore in there, would you believe they tiled over wall paper!! so knocked off a couple of tiles grabbed the paper and pull - party trick about 10 tiles in one go - and guess what else, my cranky neck came good - I think it was in spasm thinking about all those tiles L.O.L

Seriously, I thought a good 3-4 days work done in 3 hours, I am back to the reno excitement faze.

And, its been such a good day - found out I can float the solid bamboo T & G flooring instead of gluing and I can get prefabed levelling peice to fix the hieght difference at the bedroom doors. Excellant, more time/sweat savers for me.

As for help with the pavers - there are only 40, so I think a crowd and BBq is a bit of an over kill - tho any excuse for a party.

When I get closer to that stage I will enquire again.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi Wild dingo and others

Thanks for all the offers.

the reno is in westfield / armadale .

Oh, things have turned out better to day - the 2 walls of tiles - floor to ceiling in the kitchen that I have been dreading. Were put on by the boggy brothers, started tapping at one and 6 fell off had all the tiles removed and the kitchen gutted in 2 hours. So I moved on to the bathroom, boggy brothers galore in there, would you believe they tiled over wall paper!! so knocked off a couple of tiles grabbed the paper and pull - party trick about 10 tiles in one go - and guess what else, my cranky neck came good - I think it was in spasm thinking about all those tiles L.O.L

Seriously, I thought a good 3-4 days work done in 3 hours, I am back to the reno excitement faze.

Celeste
    DAMN!!! And here I thought they would have bulldozed that place!! that tilin job by "dodgy brothers inc" well we tried Celeste we tried... see we sorta run outta the readys when we got the tiles bloody bottler of a bargain they was got em outta an old dunny in an old mission 16 friggin dunnies worth there was!! Man was we chuffed... so when the ol bloke that owned that place asked us to tile the place man we were rapt... but see the tiles set us back a carton of the good oil (terps yer know! ) an so we had nothin left for the glue... so bein creative sorts we of "bodgie brothers inc" set out noggins to workin over a carton of chatew de cardboard an come up with the bottler of a way to make a swag of quids an off load the bloody tiles at the same time... so we gave him our best price and he agreed an so us mob at "dodgey brothers inc" set to with a few mates to puttin them tiles up!

Man it were hard work I can tell yer! see first we gave the walls a bit of a wipe over with an ol rag one of the lads had in the back of the ute yeah yeah it was covered in black stuff he reckoned it was oil but I tried it and it didnt taste like no oil Id drunk before... anyway after we had sucked on that rag for an hour or so we were ready to go full pelt into it... so each of us gots a tile in his hand and spat on the bak of it! SLAM!! onto the wall... EUREKA!! the damned things stuck fast!!

So there you go thats "Bodgy brothers Inc" inginooity at work

Any time yer needs the job done give us a call 1800 Bodgy! We live by our motto "We fix it or we F*** it!" No responsiblity accepted for anything!!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Cheers,

Just let us know when, only a stones throw away in Brookdale / Armadale

Nigel

The termites might have had a nest in that old tree stump under your car port I'd say.
    If they've been poisoned now, grab a chainsaw and carve a statue out of that stump FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
    Cheers,

Just let us know when, only a stones throw away in Brookdale / Armadale

Nigel
    Hi Nigel

When I am ready to lay the pavers, I will take you up on that - think they are a bit heavy for me on my lonesome.

As of friday 2nd feb I will be there everyday from 9.30 - 2.30 except Monday's I do pilates 1st if I have no supply shopping/paper work, I will be there around 11 - 2.30. If you are around drop in and have a looky and chat mobile 0413 626 093

Wild dingo - I am preying to the boggy bros. gods that they have been hired next door as well - would you believe I am buying next door as well and I have only stood at the front door, no idea what is waiting for me inside - tho building inspections said it's fine structually. Going by the tenants (that the old owner can not get out yet - that's why it hasn't settled) I am going to need a truck load of sugar soap and lots of sponges - good thing I gut kitchens and bathroom.

Celeste

celeste should get rid of your mobile number. Just PM those who you want to know...... Ge, i might have one to many vodka cruisers on Aus Day and ring you at 3am to talk reno`s

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    celeste should get rid of your mobile number. Just PM those who you want to know...... Ge, i might have one to many vodka cruisers on Aus Day and ring you at 3am to talk reno`s
    Hi all

If you make it 1am I will still be up anyway. I am a night Owl.

Hint, when its in my handbag I don't hear it any way, unless it's right next to me - leave a message and I will ring back. L.O.L

Celeste