Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by glock40sw View Post
    With all this Goat talk, Al will be getting a bit toey by now.
    I bet if you need knobs of Goat ####, Al would have truck loads .
    From what i have beenn told..It aint worth much. But i recon it would be a good fertliser for sugarcane.and a fossal fuel for honda hybrids.

Hi snooz, To be quite honest, i would get a pro in to do the sanding.
    You could also get him to sand only and you do the coating. Bona is one of the worlds best water bourne polyurathanes and is able to be applied with a mohair roller. Getting him to sand only will save you a few bucks but if you are not to concerned about saving a hundred or two hundred bucks then get him to do the lot. Trust me when i say yhat you wont get it as perfect as a pro. and you will be disapointed at the end result. Dont chance it. You need to have a understanding of the effect of sanding and need to have machinery that will do the task professionally. I know how to turn a panio tuning key, but i dont know how to tune it. If you know what i meen. Your lounge room is one of the most important rooms in the house. Give it the best

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCully View Post
    Your lounge room is one of the most important rooms in the house.
    Second, only to the shed.

edit: - Oops! That's not in the house is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry McCully View Post
    Hi snooz, To be quite honest, i would get a pro in to do the sanding.
    You could also get him to sand only and you do the coating. Bona is one of the worlds best water bourne polyurathanes and is able to be applied with a mohair roller. Getting him to sand only will save you a few bucks but if you are not to concerned about saving a hundred or two hundred bucks then get him to do the lot. Trust me when i say yhat you wont get it as perfect as a pro. and you will be disapointed at the end result. Dont chance it. You need to have a understanding of the effect of sanding and need to have machinery that will do the task professionally. I know how to turn a panio tuning key, but i dont know how to tune it. If you know what i meen. Your lounge room is one of the most important rooms in the house. Give it the best
    Ditto...
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    However the first coat of primer (seal) that he intends on using bleaches the timber considerably, so if your looking to maxamise the depth of colour in the Marri I'd go for three coats of Gloss. Or, to help you make up your mind have a sample of both done you will be amazed by the difference.

Dusty is right, that primer is for the contractors benefit not yours. You get a much deeper shine and better colour if you go 3 coats of gloss.

It will take the guy an extra visit so expect to pay an extra 100 bucks, but it'll be worth every cent.