Hi All,
I have been asked by a family at my church to do some work for them, nothing too difficult except for the 2nd job.
The first job involves, putting Kouri and Syd Blue Gum around an existing aluminium window, in 2 kids bedrooms, which will then tie in with the rest of the house. This should be easy enough, i will just machine some timber up at 12-25 mm thickness of various widths, this way i can adjust the pices to fit, i will also pack the internal out using some pine chocks.
The 2nd job is alot harder, i will explain the floor first (floor boards), then what they want done.
The floor has a Blackbutt boarder, and Sydney Blue Gum internal flooring, the boarder runs right around the whole house, and joins every room together, internal and external walls.
Now the job: they are getting built in wardrobes in these 2 rooms, and he wants the boarder to go around the wardrobe, so there is no visual change.
He has told me that this floor has been nailed to a pine floor which is on a cement slab.
What i need some advice on is this part of the job, what i am planning on doing is to cut into the boards 100mm from the wardrobe, and about 25 mm into the floor of the wardrobe space, i am hoping that the floor does not spring open on me and cause the floor to open up.
Can anyone who is experienced with T/G flooring let me know if there is a better way, or if the floor will open up?
Cheers,