Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default some parents...but read whole thread.

need their arses kicked

Toddler left in hot car dies

Wednesday Jan 3 16:00 AEDT
    By ninemsn staff and wires

A Melbourne two-year-old has died after being left in a car "for an extensive amount of time" in 31-degree heat.
    Ambulance officers treated the girl at the scene in the outer west suburb of Truganina shortly after 2.30pm.
    National Nine News understands the girl was suffering from heat exhaustion. She was taken to Western Hospital in Sunshine where she later died.

Metropolitan Ambulance Service (MAS) spokesman James Howe said it was unclear how long the girl had been in the car before emergency services were alerted, but it was an "extensive amount of time".
    "When they arrived the child had been taken out of the car but was in cardiac arrest," he told Southern Cross Broadcasting.
    "They've continued to proceed performing CPR for just under an hour before taking her to Sunshine Hospital."
    A spokeswoman from Western Health said the girl died at 3.50pm (AEDT).
    The temperature in Werribee, near where the girl was found, was 31.5 degrees Celsius at 3.30pm today.
    According to ambulance officers, when the outside temperature is 30 degrees Celsius, it takes 8 minutes for the temperature inside a car to reach 50 degrees Celsius.
    Last edited by Groggy; 4th January 2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: remove advertising

hope thay wernt playing the pokies like the last one in VIC
    how come a 10mm peg dont fit in a 10mm hole

you might want to get the whole story first....
    sounds like it was a tragic accident.

Imagine this. You arrive home from doing the shopping. Everyone hops out of the car and you take the grocery's inside. You pack away your grocery's, maybe take a phone call, and for 5-10 minute you are distracted.

Mean while your little girl has wandered back outside, and inadvertently hopped inside the car. Maybe the child lock was also on.

After the 5-10 minutes of unpacking your grocery's, you notice your child is missing...Search the house up and down, out the back and out on the street.

Temperatures inside a car can spike to 60deg in 10 minutes. The girl passes out and cannot call for help. Eventually you find here in the car in Cardiac arrest.....Should the mother still have her ass kicked?
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Yep, the media again!! has blown the story out of all proportion to gain sales.

I think we should be feeling sorry for the family rather than condemning them.

Al

I agree with Martrix and Al. I have heard the report several times on the radio today and not once was there a mention of the parents/guardians. One would think if if was a similar episode to when the parents where off playing the pokies that this would have been mentioned.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

I can imagine the kiddie climbing into the car and thinking its all warm and cosy, then just snuggling up and going to sleep.

Sad..

It could happen to any kid.

Al

It seems the Nine MSN website has changed their story now, saying that she was "discovered" in the hot car, and not "left in a hot car". I coulda swore it changed in front of my eyes.
    One of their headlines is still staying the girl "was left in a hot car by her mother"... sneaky pricks, that way you read the headline and then read the story, all the time getting slammed with their friggin ads..$$cha ching$.
    Herald Scum style sensationalists..............
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

The paparazzi win again.
    Bastards. Cashing in some poor child's life and the destroyed family.

Al

yeah they have changed the story now to being an accident...if it was a case of leaving a kid in the car however then yes, kick their arses

The newspaper editor and reporters should be severely reamed for this. As if the family don't feel bad enough, now people who have only read the first reports may well say something stupid to the family.

Default Edit thread, perhaps, given new info ??

Given that we now understand this to be a terrible, tragic accident, how about updating this thread from "Some parents ..." to, say, "Hot car tragedy"?

Otherwise, it's just as bad as the MSN story.

Cheers,
    Andrew

The only time I get really emotional is when kids are hurt. Should never happen.

The parents, whether it was a stupid accident or not......their lifes over. How could you ever recover from that ?

Quote Originally Posted by arose62 View Post
    Given that we now understand this to be a terrible, tragic accident, how about updating this thread from "Some parents ..." to, say, "Hot car tragedy"?

Otherwise, it's just as bad as the MSN story.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Heading altered.