Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Holiday Cock Up

Default Holiday Cock Up

Hi,

Firstly, happy New Year to all the members here especially those who have been kind enough to answer my many posts over this past year.

Once again I am seeking advice.

We (my wife and I) returned home late this afternoon from a short break at Mount Gambier. However, whilst there I decided I needed more cold air blowing on me (can't hack the heat being a former POMMIE) so I decided to remove the air freshner from one of the exhaust ports on the internal facia. However, when I put it back at the end of the trip unbeknown to me I had put in back the wrong way around. Consequently, when I returned to the car an hour later there was this overbearing smell which I suddenly noticed was the result of the liquid having come out of the air freshener and run down the painted facia - can be seen in the images attached. As a result the paint has come away from the surface in places and left a long stain - the result of trying to clean the liquid up - it only made it worse.

I presume that nothing is now going to remove the stain(s) without further damaging the existing paintwork. Thus, I assume I will have to remove the whole panel and have to have it resprayed - which I assume would be cheaper than replacing it?.

As anyone else had this problem and had to sort it out?. If so, I would appreciate your views (as well as those who have so far been smart enough to put themselves in this situation) on the best way to resolve this problem.

Cheers
    David

Other than that hope you enjoyed your trip down to the Mount.
    I havnt had this problem, but am thinking to check out the auto shop for the little touch up brushes for car duco. Either that, or contact a car yard/ detailer and ask if they have had this problem, and if they have any methods for repair.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
    for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    ....................... .......................

If its a local built car probably cheaper to replace the part, if its an import retouching it may be cheaper.
    The part will need to be degreased thoroughly as most air fresheners contain oil... if its soaked into the plastic only a replacement will fix it.