Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default roof insulation questions

A quick question for the knowelagble forum members we have on here

A friend of mine has dropped off to me more than enough brand new roof insulation (at the right price left over from a factory build) to completely do the house I am renovating, now the questions

This stuff is the massive 15 mtr long rolls of sliver foil backed on one side for pitched roof insulation called "Permastop (lsbb551512) from Insulation Solutions. Its rated at R2.7 and thats more than fine where I live

"Permastop™ Building Blanket

<DD>Fletcher Insulation Permastop Roofing Blanket consists of a lightweight flexible insulation blanket faced on one side with Sisalation&#174; Reflective Foil Laminate. Permastop is available in various R-Values and blanket lengths (see below), and can be produced cut to length, depending on volume. <DD>Permastop is designed for installation under commercial and residential metal deck roofing as both thermal and acoustic insulation protection."

<DD>
    <DD>Is this stuff safe in a normal house roof? (I do know I will need to be careful of heat build up in older wiring and thus if I have to will run the wires on top of the insulation and leave air space around any wiring etc)

Will this stuff work in a normal house roof?

What side would you put the silver foil up or down?

Any other advice in regards to this stuff V normal pink/yellow etc bats

Thanks in advance

Chris

</DD>

G'day Chris

This stuff is normally layed over the purloins or battens before the roof goes on.

The insulation side sits against the roof with the foil facing into the roof space.

If you are laying it directly on the joist in your ceiling space, I would lay it with the insulation side on the plaster and the foil facing up into the roof cavity.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN