Default Silconing tile edges.

Any tips for how I can silicone the corners of the tiling job. The tiler didn't do it.

It is so hard. I have an applier gun. I have tried tape, but it is a horrible mess.

Use masking tape, apply a neat, small bead with a good quality gun. Smooth with either a finger dipped in turps or detergent solution. Then immediately remove the tape. I have a roll of loo paper nearby to wipe up excess.

Good luck
    Pulse

Run the silicone where you want the bead, spray the silicone and surrounding area with a detergent/water mix, wipe off the excess silicone with a paddle pop stick.

The stick gives a good looking bead and the detergent prevents the silicone sticking apart from where it initially comes into contact with the tiles.

No need for tape.

All the tilers and plumbers I have seen in action do it this way.

Cheers, Jack
    "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Thanks guys. I can't using masking tape, because when I pull it off it just messes the whole thing up.

Jack E, I will gave the spray a go.

Thanks

I've don e a few of these an made a mess of a lot of the time until I found an applicator and some smoothing compound made by this mob.

http://www.robertsdesigns.com.au/sil...cessories.html

Works like a charm. The applicator is just a cureved piece of silicone rubber that gives you a nice even curve. The handling fluid stops the silicone sticking to everything.

All the gear is available from bunnings.

An application guide is available here.

http://www.robertsdesigns.com.au/howto/easytoapply.html

I also find the selleys lightspeed frameless caulking gun to be about the best I've used. Non drip, well geared for good control and about $15 from bunnings. Interesting design as it holds the tube at the back rather than having the frame around the front.

Have had pretty good success using tape to define the edges - Do use detergent and Don't use a finger to spread - wherever the fingers have been used it appears to promote the growth of mould.

My spreader is in fact a piece of 1/2" black poly drip irrigation pipe. It has a "built in curve" from being rolled up and forms a consistent shape when pushed into the angle defined by the tape. As it is reasonably rigid you don't get a wavy finger line + no messy fingers + no mould - when the tape is removed, a light pass [if necessary] with the piece of pipe ensures a neat sealed edge.

Works for me, hope it does for you.
    Regards,
    Bob