Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default I have another question

Called into the local Lane Cove Library today and there is a notice pinned up that wireless internet connection is also available at this branch.
    I have been given the loan of a lap top and there is mention of wireless connecti0n available on the PC screen.

Could anyone please tell me how to proceed using this new fangled contraption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Get it working so you can fix the cricket
    p.t.c

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    .........I have been given the loan of a lap top and there is mention of wireless connecti0n available on the PC screen.

Could anyone please tell me how to proceed using this new fangled contraption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Errrr.... you need to find a small child and (struck down, falls & dies; turns into Ashes)....

There will be several answers to this, some quite lengthy. It has detected a wireless network in range - but you need an Internet logon so you can access the net. You could try clicking start >connect to> (whatever) and it might just bring up a login screen for your friend's connection... if it isn't passsword protected... On balance, I'd seek out someone who can eyeball the device and sort you out. Many of today's youth have this capability. Good luck.

This consultation is subject to a minimum callout charge of 4 hours plus milage payable in used oncers......

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Mate, just walk into the library with your laptop under your arm and ask. They'll talk you though it.

Richard