Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Walking boards on laserlite

Hi Folks,

Almost finished roofing the patio this weekend. Used laserlite - easy to install - took longer for the purlins than the sheeting. I now have to put the flashing against the vertical wall and the laserlite (200 x 100 steel 90deg sheet). I thought that maybe should have put the flashing on first and slid the laserlite underneath, but then thought about it and not sure if I would have got a good enough seal (wind blowing water underflashing), even with using the laserlite sealing tape. I thought I could walk along the purlins like you do with any roof but noticed on the laserlite website they tell you to use walking boards. Are these just planks that span two adjacent purlins to take the stress? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomH View Post
    Hi Folks,

Almost finished roofing the patio this weekend. Used laserlite - easy to install - took longer for the purlins than the sheeting. I now have to put the flashing against the vertical wall and the laserlite (200 x 100 steel 90deg sheet). I thought that maybe should have put the flashing on first and slid the laserlite underneath, but then thought about it and not sure if I would have got a good enough seal (wind blowing water underflashing), even with using the laserlite sealing tape. I thought I could walk along the purlins like you do with any roof but noticed on the laserlite website they tell you to use walking boards. Are these just planks that span two adjacent purlins to take the stress? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom
    It can be, but I would want wide boards. I use 1/2 sheets of 15mm structural ply as walking boards, sometimes a whole sheet.

Chhers
    Michael

With that type of roofing I have tried to finish it 'as I go' to avoid going through it afterward.
    Jack

I used 8 x 3/4 pine board and placed it over the screws. But I like mic-d's idea better - it would be much more stable and spread the load better.
    Cheers.

Vernon.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Tom