Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: s/wagons

Nothin' wrong with my Holden Commodore - heaps of room in the back, cargo barrier, tows fine, plenty of power (for a 2.8(?) L). Handles fine, good brakes - just wish it was an SS.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. HR: $600 with 12 months rego, HK #1: Free HK #2: $400 with 6 months rego.
    1st $400, 2nd $150, 3rd $500 and 4th an outrageous $700.

I drove the second one around for 2 years and then gave it to my Brother who got another 18 months out of it. Almost no compression, the handbrake didn't work very well. Quality motoring that beast.
    Photo Gallery

We have a Subaru Outback 3lt 6 cyl. Love it no change out of 50k but it does all we want. Takes off from the lights like a bullet. Had a Skyline GTO and a Nissan 200sx, both all done up exhausts the size of chimneys out the back, sit beside me a the lights only paying attention to each other. Road was dry and clear of traffic, we only had the Subie for about a month so I thought why not. I fixed my gaze on the lights and ignored the other two cars. Lights went green and I floored it, they achieved some wheel spin from the squealing I heard and I just shot off the line. By the time I reached 180 km/h they were about three car lengths behind and I decided that I had proved enough to me so I slowed down.

The other two followed me to the shops. Pulled up along side me and queried the specs of said car. After about 5 mins of talking and peeing in the wind they revealed to me that they are both cops, showed me their badges and politely advised me to not drive that way in future then said well done and were on their way.

Ummm back to the thread.. The Subie is useless when it comes to carrying anything inside it. We have a 1989 Holden Astra 1.6 lt that holds more than the Subie. But we still love her none the less.

Pete
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

Station wagons suck.

They are noisy as buggery, don't handle as well as a sedan and they aren't all that good at carrying stuff.

For mine, get a sedan for driving around in and a cheap ute for carrying stuff.

Horses for courses.

Thumbs up Subies rule

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    We have a Subaru Outback 3lt 6 cyl.
    Ummm back to the thread.. The Subie is useless when it comes to carrying anything inside it. We have a 1989 Holden Astra 1.6 lt that holds more than the Subie. But we still love her none the less.
    Pete
    Pete the back seat does fold down you know will carry 1.8m front to back and 2.1m on an angle. Bigger than that, use a Bunnies trailer .

Luv the Liberty wagon
    John H
    Why do I never seem to cut "too long"?

Station wagons suck.
    Craig, how can you say that after having been in mine?

I've had nothing but wagons for the last 10 years and no intention to change. Very handy when you're a drummer. I can fit my drums in the Mazda but there's no room for anyone else. With the wagon, I can put the full kit in the back and still carry 6 adults to the gig.

Pete, I had someone in a black Honda do that in front of me on the main drag in Canberra earler this year. He took off when the lights changed to drag off a Holden V8 ute. I don't know how fast he got to but when the big white laundry van pulled out of the side street in front of him because she didn't see him coming, and he bounced off the front of her, darted across the road (fortunately no other cars next to him), hit the light pole and brought it down on top of his car, I bet he was wishing he'd stayed at home. Watched them cut the roof off his car to get him out while my wife and I stayed there with the van driver, who was an absolute mess, to make sure the cops knew exactly what happened and whose fault it was.

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    Craig, how can you say that after having been in mine?

I was just feeling controversial last night.

You mean you posted something that was not necessarily your true opinion just to get a rise out of someone? You'd never catch me doing something like that :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    You mean you posted something that was not necessarily your true opinion just to get a rise out of someone? You'd never catch me doing something like that :eek:
    Well not on days that have a Y in then anyway.