Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

JDub

I put in a 3 inch pvc pipe with the sweeping bends that has been suggested before and also you may need to know they need to be in at a depth of 600 mm. I ran two 15 amp lines from the metre box to the shed and all worked well.

Pete
    If you are never in over your head how do you know how tall you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    JDub

I put in a 3 inch pvc pipe with the sweeping bends that has been suggested before and also you may need to know they need to be in at a depth of 600 mm. I ran two 15 amp lines from the metre box to the shed and all worked well.

Pete
    Can you run them above ground in conduit along a brick wall to the metre box? If not Im stuffed
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

You'll have to check with the sparky but I think you're OK. The 600mm thing is just if you are burying them, to make them harder to dig up. Mine aren't that deep where they first come out from under the shed slab but we have poured a kerb slab over the top to protect them until the point they go into the trench.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    Can you run them above ground in conduit along a brick wall to the metre box? If not Im stuffed
    I had to bury my conduit 600mm underground from the main to the submain in the shed. No prob for me as I'm on sand.

Another thing too, this from personal experience. Check the shed dimensions very carefully before you do your formwork. In small print on my plan for a 9m x 7.5m kit shed it said "Nominal Size" and I didn't discover that until the slab was poured and I found the shed was only 8.725 metres long. had to get a special weatherproof flashing made up. It was lucky I decided to go overspec with the slab (150mm thick rather than the spec 100mm) as the end portal wall is not over the piers (which weren't in the specs either and are 800mm deep x 500 x 500).
    Good luck with it. In retrospect though I should have got the experts to erect it.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedhand View Post
    In retrospect though I should have got the experts to erect it.
    Really? I was reading your old Shed WIP thread last week and you said it fit perfectly on the slab?. Did you encounter any other major issues besides the slab dimensions?

Myself and my BIL are doing the slab but Im undeceided whether to erect it myself or not.... see this thread:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=39564
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    Really? I was reading your old Shed WIP thread last week and you said it fit perfectly on the slab?. Did you encounter any other major issues besides the slab dimensions?

Myself and my BIL are doing the slab but Im undeceided whether to erect it myself or not.... see this thread:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=39564
    Idid fit perfectly exept for the 275mm apron on one end which as it turns out was a good thing because I can bolt a timber rack to it.
    If all you're saving is 1200 bucks then get the pro's in. It'll save you a lot of needless worry if you're at anal about it. The quicker its up the quicker you can be in it making things to brag about here,,,
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

If all you're saving is 1200 bucks
    Jeez I wish I could be that blase about $1,200 :eek: