Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Re-sizing pictures to post on this forum

Folks,
    A conversation with Nine Fingers prompted me to go "Googling" and I've found a bit of free-ware whose sole purpose in life seems to be to resize your images.

I used PaintShop Pro to re-work a couple of Nine Finger's pics but for some reason even though the file size was larger the images were physically smaller than the same image put through this little programme - anyway here's the URL - http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm. The download is just over 2 Mb. It's very easy to use, but of course you do so at your own risk , as always.

If you nominate 640x480 I think all your pics will be under the 100k limit and it does batch jobs as well - just put all your pics in one directory and pick a second ( I suggest a TEMP directory) for your output and push the button

Ian

Thumbs up

There is an auto picture resizer on this current version of the forum.

I just send the picture full size from my computer and the pictures get resized at the other end.

Al

Ozwinner - so there is - just never noticed it
    Didn't realise that when you select a pic it gets automatiacllay downsized to fit. I've been buggarising around making sure the damned things were the right size before uploading. Ah well, today hasn't been wasted - I've learned something

Ian

Yeah, I used to spend ages mucking around resizing pictures too, thank goodness for the current version of VB3.

Al

Default Error in resizing feature

Ozwinner - you seem to know a bit about this - You may notice two posts by Nine Fingers " The Naked Clock". Well, I was helping him with the whole resizing thing before you made me aware of the BB feature.
    I didn't notice that Nine Fingers had made two posts - one with pictures and one without.
    Well, I only saw the one without so, since I had the images he was trying to post, I thought he had encountered a problem.
    Trying to be helpful, I replied to this picture-less post intending to attach his images. However, when I tried to use the original size images (around the 600k to 1 Mb mark) I got an error saying that they couldn't be re-sized and I would have to perform the resizing manually.
    Bugger !! I thought, so I just posted the smaller images I had made from Nine Fingers original pictures unaware that the second post existed to which Bleeding thumb had replied.
    So I guess my question is - Is there a bug in the resizing feature or does it have a size limit?

Ian

A couple of times Ive tried to upload pictures this way and the system told me the files were too big. :eek:

However a couple of hours later the system received the same pictures ok. :confused:
    Im at a loss to say why they are too big one minute, and ok the next.

Al :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Smith View Post
    Ozwinner - you seem to know a bit about this - You may notice two posts by Nine Fingers " The Naked Clock". Well, I was helping him with the whole resizing thing before you made me aware of the BB feature.
    I didn't notice that Nine Fingers had made two posts - one with pictures and one without.
    Well, I only saw the one without so, since I had the images he was trying to post, I thought he had encountered a problem.
    Trying to be helpful, I replied to this picture-less post intending to attach his images. However, when I tried to use the original size images (around the 600k to 1 Mb mark) I got an error saying that they couldn't be re-sized and I would have to perform the resizing manually.
    Bugger !! I thought, so I just posted the smaller images I had made from Nine Fingers original pictures unaware that the second post existed to which Bleeding thumb had replied.
    So I guess my question is - Is there a bug in the resizing feature or does it have a size limit?

Ian
    I think that the photos also have to to set at 800 x 600 maximum as well.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN