Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How did you go with your weatherboards and archs?
    Cheers

I have the weatherboards stacked and tightened....hopefully they come out ok...i gave them a spray of light water and stacked them as per the suggestions. They will probably go up next week so I will see how they look then.

Still waiting on the archs...i did get a quote but it was ridiculous so am waiting on another.

Will provide an update next week probably.

Cobber

hi again - my suggestion would be to go to bunnies (god help me) or similar and buy a half decent:

square
    circular saw
    jigsaw
    belt sander
    saw horse x 2
    sandpaper

and do them yourself. there is nothing special about the arc's in the image you sent through - all you need do is think about how they were made ..... get a close look at some on a house nearby (should be plenty in B'wick West) and bugger one up then make the rest correctly.

The benefits are that you will know what to do for arc's for the rest of your life, will have the tools to do it and will know how much you are really getting ripped by the quotes, if at all.

of course, if you have zero time availabilities like many of us, just go for the lowest quote, by the tradesman who convinces you they know precisely what they're doing.

Finally, and this may cause a little angst - you will probably not get any downwards adjustment of your building costs from the builder, for DIYing your arc's so it might just pay you to get them to do whatever crap they were going to do, and change the most highly visible ones dow nthe track.

Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here

I would try Provans in Clifton Hill for that Cal Bung profile.