Thread: a new scam ??

Default a new scam ??

have had two phone calls in the last week on my answering machine and am wondering if they are a new scam or what

had patrick and alex ( who are they ) ring and say mr **** please call us back on this 1800 ####### and quote reference number 12345etc asap

now i think if this was a real company wouldnt they leave their name at least ? No details nothing ? very suss or am i just being cycincal in my old age

is this just a new scam up here or dose it happen a lot to other people elsewhere in the country ?

by the way am getting really sick of being asked to upgrade my commonweatlh bank details espiecally as i dont bank with them being emailed 20 times in one day is a bit much

Can anyone tell me if the report spam button with bigpond email really dose anything ?

sales people. Probably trying to sell you a holiday somewhere. Dont bother calling back. Don't want to encourage them
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

Be cynical. If it is a legitimate company, better they shape up their practices to something that doesn't look so suss in the current climate.

If not, well, that will be no surprise.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

I don't bank with the NAB but I am getting the old 'update your details' e-mail at present & I am SO sick of the flam'n Israeli Brokerage e-mail that I have reported them to Spamcop about 6 times tonight already. :mad:
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by dzcook View Post
    have had two phone calls in the last week on my answering machine and am wondering if they are a new scam or what

had patrick and alex ( who are they ) ring and say mr **** please call us back on this 1800 ####### and quote reference number 12345etc asap

now i think if this was a real company wouldnt they leave their name at least ? No details nothing ? very suss or am i just being cycincal in my old age

is this just a new scam up here or dose it happen a lot to other people elsewhere in the country ?

by the way am getting really sick of being asked to upgrade my commonweatlh bank details espiecally as i dont bank with them being emailed 20 times in one day is a bit much

Can anyone tell me if the report spam button with bigpond email really dose anything ?
    They are actually true pm me with your bank details

OR

Get a decient anti virus ie vet that you actually pay for and these spam messages will auto be deleted

OR

Change your e-mail address and only send the address to those you can trust not to pass it on, and dont give it out to anyone else , banks buissnesses forms etc
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

When the first of these d###heads contacted me it was our busy time and I said sure send me the details (apparently some advertising I had bought) then the second phoned and warning bells went off. He was after $500 plus for this advertising in a national magazine.
    I said I dont remember ordering that please fax me the details. Then the s#### hit the fan he got really cranky and bells and alarms were going off in my head like news years eve.
    Started threatening me for breach of contract etc etc again I asked for a faxed copy of my signature on this 'said' agreement. and also said I was illegally recording this phone call.

That was 9 months ago and nothing seen or heard of them again.

Tony
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds