Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 11.

r.i.p
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!

I remember turning on the TV in the bedroom at some ungodly hour (couldn't sleep) and saw the first airliner crash into the WTC - I though it was just a film for a moment or two, then the reality broke through.

Truly horrible, and not improved by later images of people flinging themselves off the towers because they couldn't get away from the fires.

Not a way for anyone to go, but I did hear about a show on tv the other night that I missed, so did some research.

9/11

Now who do we beleive?

Al :confused:

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

That's been well and truly debunked Al ... thank goodness.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles View Post
    That's been well and truly debunked Al ... thank goodness.

Richard
    Do you have any links?

Al :confused:

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

snopes would be a good place to start Al.

I suffered through a mate's enthusiasm about the video '911' which carefully put down the case that it was all a US government plot, including the interesting 'fact' that the twin towers jets were actually US airforce transports. It was comical, and he swallowed it ... still does.

Seeing I got dragged into this thread, I'd might as well tell my war story. I was watching channel something or other when the very first report came in of some sort of drama in the first tower. At that point, they didn't realise how serious it was and though there was some speculation about a possible aircraft crash, it was all very sketchy. Then it just seemed to get worse and worse. The thing about watching it, was that you could see it all happening in the background and saw things the talking heads weren't aware of. For example, you saw the second jet go into the building long before the talking twats knew something had happened. Same thing with the towers collapsing. Stayed up all night I did. Fun. Hope it remains the terrorism highlight of my life.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles View Post
    I suffered through a mate's enthusiasm about the video '911' which carefully put down the case that it was all a US government plot, including the interesting 'fact' that the twin towers jets were actually US airforce transports. It was comical, and he swallowed it ... still does.
    TV channels should be sued for causing unnecessary grief to suffering families for putting that absolute crap on the air. Talk about shameless ratings chasing; no care, no responsibility, no shame.

rrich Guest

It was and still is, a bit personal for me. The first 16 years of my life were across the river in Brooklyn. My father (Long retired) was part of NYFD, H&L 132 also in Brooklyn. The way that the NYFD escallates on major fires, my father would have been in transit or just arriving as the first tower fell. As a lad of 12 or 13 I recall the outpouring of grief for the loss of 4 fire fighters at a movie theater fire in the Bronx. The loss of 345 fire fighters at one event is beyond my comprehension.

May all the souls lost on 11.9.2001 find eternal peace.