Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

All that post on one day hey Tas? Big wait till the boat arrives with more next year though?

Don't cut yourself and if you do post gory pics...

Cheers Mate enjoy them and tell Brendan he can send mine when he feels like it??????

[QUOTE=jmk89]Cuts through Studley's hardwood like butter and straight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've a shortish length of very old 8"x1/2" Red Cedar I've been saving for that "special project."

Tried cutting it with hand-saws before, but tore the grain something 'orrible so 'twas put aside for a while longer. These new jap saws went through it beautifully, both ripping and cutting. Even tried a few fancy dovies! :eek:

Sadly, I got carried away with the tests and I no longer have a nice piece of Red Cedar... :( Pity what's left doesn't have the strength to turn into lace bobbins. [sigh]
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Skew - send 'em back. These things are obviously causing you nothing but heartache.

First your finger, and now your reserved Red Cedar. :p:p
    Retired member

You'll have to prise them from my cold, dead fingers. :D (Cause of death? Probably blood loss.)

BTW, do you want your tape measure back? It sorta ended up in my bundle somehow. I meant to mention it before but I had a job to measure up and, well... ;)
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

[quote=Skew ChiDAMN!!]
    BTW, do you want your tape measure back?[/quote]

Shhhhhh........that was a secret gift ;)
    Retired member

thats what i thought the tape measure was. it has a nice rubbery feel and 2 buttons, not just one. Alaways impressive to have the extra button. Next we need to have a LED light, sort of the tape measure equivalent of the laser line saws.

It was no good, i had to try the saws. What a lovely finish they leave. Seems withem that i saw better backwards than i do forwards and they slow me down which is a good thing. Lovely fine cut. Good feel and a natural extension to the arm feel.

I see that it is possible to get replacment blades for 1 of them.

Already taken them around to show the neighbour. Not to gloat either, this was more like two little kids going oooooo wadda bewdy.

ooohhh hammer mate can I resist??

[QUOTE=tashammer]
    It was no good, i had to try the saws. What a lovely finish they leave. Seems withem that i saw better backwards than i do forwards...[/QUOTE]

eerr mate? heres a hint... Japanese saws work bedda on the back stroke than the forward... funny but they were designed that way ;) Takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of them theyre bloody brilliant! :cool: Why they chose to send them to you is beyond me mate... I mean...

nah bedda not! :D

oooh there was soooooo many opportunities in your post it was hard to stop myself... but I did... damn Im good to yous blokes from the pimple :D
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

nah, if yer ignore the white dangly bit - i reckon that is fer sighting in along the line - then yer just hold the bare metal at the end and they work just like western saws. It's all a load of rubbish and they don't cut sideways either. I like having to hold the bare metal as it puts you in a more spiritual conection with the work and ones sensitivities become heightened especially as it seems to place ones extremities in inordinate danger - that must be that manly Bushido stuff - sensitivity and awareness through pian and suffering - those blokes in the workshop with no arms and no legs must be really advanced in the spiritual relationship with their work objects. Like me and my name - i regularly seek to attain spiritual fulfilment by belting Tasmania with a hammer. What do you do with your wild dingo then Wild Dingo?

You guys are providing me with a great breakfast read... much better then the newspaper.... I feel I'm getting a much needed education about the Australian way of thinking ( specially about some parts of the country) :D

Still think you need to publish a book ! Meanwhile.... keep it up... I really love this morning read :)

Juvy