Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default mobile forklift wanted

I have found a piece of machinery I want at an attractive price, but it is heavy (700-800kg or thereabouts). There is no loading facilities and the yellow pages do not have a mobile forklift service advertised at all.

Unit is in Cheltenham, Vict. Vendor is not interested in assisting with a lift; so I guess he can keep his lump of cast iron.

Any ideas please??

Ken

Hire a ute with a hydraulic lift at the rear or a hydraulic boom crane on the tray?

A tilt tray truck with a winch.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

An engine crane is also a possibility - they are pretty readily available in 1 to 3 tonne capacity, some fold up or you can do a quick game of fit the nut & bolt on the less sophisticated ones. They have small wheels, about the same cross country performance as a pallet jack, but handy around the workshop.

You may be able to rent one for a day from someone like 'Kennards' or the local equivalent along with some lifting straps.

And don't do hat some of the hired help did for a mate - disassemble the crane & pack it BEFORE loading the heavy gear into the trailer - d-oh! And they complained about how hard it was to lift everything into the trailer

What about one of those car trailers with a winch, you could winch it up onto the trailer using strong hardwood planks for the M/C to skid up on.
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!