Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awwwwwwww :eek: PenRex sorry to hear about your accident.
    Regards
    Al .

You don't know, what you don't know, until you know it.

Cool.
    I hope you have kids/grandkids that you can terrorise with your new 'mutant' thumb.

Flashbacks are 'interesting' aren't they?
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Mate I throw the pointy things in and around Canberra. Only in a social sense tho. I was very tongue in cheek about it tho cos I am not very good at all, I just throw for the enjoyment.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bennylaird
    Best thing is to get back onto it. Safe as house cos you will be so careful.
    Agree 100%. Same as when I first got on a motor bike nearly 40 years ago wearing nothing but a pair of footy shorts and a pair of thongs, cranked it on for about 100m and promptly fell off at the first corner. I twisted an ankle and the bike fell on top on me with hot exhaust causing 3rd degree burns on my left calf - I still remember the smell. My mates dad made me get back on and ride around the block before taking me to hospital. Probably wouldn't have gone near a motor bike again if he hadn't made me do it.

Anyway Rex, sorry to hear about your incident. I had one 28 years ago taking the top half cm off my left ring finger with a small jointer - crikey I remember it hurting. Taught me a lot of respect around machinery.

Penrex,
    reading your reply on later usage of triton, perhaps you could be happier using a small bandsaw with cutting depth of 4 or 6 inches? The bandsaw is quite a versatile tool I have found lately, especially with one of those modernistic type steel blades.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Default Me and my triton

Hi penrex,

Sorry to hear about your accident mate. Hope it recovers well and you gain as much use as possilble from it.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.

Just did a similar thing on Wednesday on my 12 inch table saw, ripped my left thumb from the nail to the first joint down to the bone, actualy the xray showed a nice straight grove along the bone.
    it left a nice clean entry wond but the exit looked like a bomb crater. hurts like hell and its the simple things that realy anoy you like trying to open a milk bottle
    I'll be more patient next time

Richard