Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thats exactly what I do currently with Seriph, I just wanted to avoid the toing and froing involved in step 4.

The MS programme seems to work well, but I guess we are all stuck with step 4.

Easiest way is just to email pic to yourself. That always compressess to close under 100K, problem is that I dont have MS Mail on this computer.
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

Bodg, per my post, paint.net allows you to select the file size when saving, it uses a slider that selects the compression & shows you the resultant file size.

Forgot to mention in earlier post, free download JPEG Compress lets you do the same, I just like paint.net as you can do the cropping, image adjustments , etc in the same program. JPEG Compress is pretty bare bones.

Cheers.................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Well when I use easy thumbnails, I just put in 600 x 800 at 80% quality.

9 times out of ten the resulting image is less than 100k.

It's easy, it works for me, and it's not Microsoft.

It's not as though I'm constantly uploading images to bulletin boards or anything.

IrfanView
    works a treat and free like Dan said I have been using this for years ... a simple "resize/resample" and tick the box to 640x480 it'll drop to about 30-60kb and I use a 6Mpix camera.

More recently I got onto (and have converted numerous caual users to) picasa2 also a freeby from Google. This drags your drive for any images (if you want it to) so beware if there are images of all that wood that you bought and shoved behind the shed before SWMBO saw it. Picasa is great as you can select a who bunch of pics from different directories and "export" them as small images (again I use 640x480). Does a sinch job on red eye, crooked pics, cropping, printing out multiple pics on one page etc etc... unbelievable "value for money" ... and that's a big statement from a big user and critic of high end software products.

Oh yeah to link to picasa
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.

This one was posted by Midge ages ago and I consider it to be the easiest and best to use. Just open your picture and move the slider until the photo is the size you require.

http://www.download.com/JPEGCompress...=dl&tag=button