Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Post envirotex filler not curing in some spots

Hi there,
    only stumbled across this site the other night, wish I did earlier as I would have just used a casting resin instead of this envirotex that I used.
    I have made a Redgum outdoor table which will be undercover in my pergola, and i used some envirotex to fill some sap holes.
    Most have cured properly so far, (about 40hours since I did it) but a couple of spots are still very wet.
    I don't know if maybe the mix that went into these wasn't mixed properly but it should have been as it was the same as everywhere else.
    Any ideas?, could i put a small amount of hardner on top of these areas which are still wet or maybe put some sawdust over them..

any help appreciated,

Daryl

[This message has been edited by Daryl Collins (edited 16 February 2003).]

thanks Neil & Chris,
    I tried heating it with heat gun but that made it even softer and I thought the hardner over the top would be a feeble and incorrect fix so I have dug it out and now just deciding on wheather to use the same epoxy again as it has cured OK everywhere else or use an Araldite product, Araldite M.

cheers,
    Daryl

As you have just found good mixing of two part stuff isn't as easy as some would think.

It is important to scrape the bottom of the pool & the mixing impliment during the mix and make sure the edges are well incorpirated.

Contamination with unmixed product would be a very common epoxy falure only surpassed by incorect proportions.

An old panel beater showed me a good action many years ago but it looses some in the translation to text.

Mix well!!!

If you stuff up only one choice.... grind it out.

Cheers

Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.