Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Mick,

First, you have my unreserved respect for what you are attempting to and will hopefully achieve.
    Accountability and transparency in the Public Service should except for those departments involved in National Security, be as close to absolute as possible. The statements you have offered as examples are appalling examples of departmental self defence.
    It may be worth taking up the offer of an interview with the "officers" suggested. But you should take your own Solicitor with you ,so nothing is only verbalised and you have a credible witness by way of an Officer of the Court. It may also be worth having your lawyer clued up anyway as things may get rough in the near future. If push comes to shove, discredit will be the only way out for them, depending on how high up the failure to perform goes and that can be pretty fierce.
    Again, all the best, I've put myself on the line before and its cost me several jobs. But at least I can live with myself at the end of the day.
    I just wish more people had the b***ls to do the same as you.

Respectfully,

Rob

Mick, this is how I would approach it, you may or may not have done some or all of this. First, reference their previous answers and make a diary entry for any verbal contact, so you have a record of conversation.

Contact the department and advise them of your belief that your concerns are not being met and ask them to respond by a given date (be reasonable). Ask them what recourse you have if you are not satisfied - get them to detail it for you.

Should they fail to respond by the given date, give the Ombudsman an abridged covering letter stating what the background of the issue is, why it is important and reference your contacts by name and date. Attach the 108 entries in descending order of importance, however, in the body of the letter highlight those things that need to be fixed immediately as they may get someone killed if not addressed. State clearly to the Ombudsman what the time critical items are, and why.

The department does not have to give you any detail other than to state they have addressed the issue. They probably should not have given out details of re-training or disciplinary action for privacy reasons (you only need to know they fixed the problem - not how).

Following the Ombudsman's response you have recourse to the local member or the member that has the fire portfolio.

gluck.

Mick, you have obviously been given the run-around, so it's time to get tough. Ring the electoral office of the responsible minister. Tell the flack that you get through to what the issue is, that you've been given the run around for long enough, and in one hour you will be mailing all the media with full details, including the reluctance of various departments to act properly, unless the minister contacts you. When he calls you (he will, unless he's completely stupid) extract from him an undertaking that he will take action by a particular time. If he won't give that undertaking, or fails to act on it, post the letter.

We pay these twirps enough, make them work for their money.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook