Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My theory on software beta versions... You can allways tell the pioneers, they are the ones with the arrows in their backs :eek:

If you want to try out Beta stuff on a test machine and see how it works, great. But I'm not going to be a crash test dummy on my main or work PC.

I expect I'll 'upgrade' to IE7 some time AFTER the SP1 version is released, at least that way most of the bugs will be fixed

Cheers

Ian

If you want the very latest :eek: download IE 7 Beta 3, but before you do it might pay to read this.

Forewarned is forearmed.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/29/650033.aspx

Cheers,
    I wanted to become a brickie but my old man said "No son, learn a trade."

Quote Originally Posted by bsrlee
    I went to Microsoft.com & they have IE7 beta3 - interestingly enough they direct you to turn off your anti-virus & firewal programs before installing & then insist you be on line to download 'updates' - (when you have the latest version from them???:confused: :confused: ) - if you aren't online or have AV & firewall on it falls over half way thru' installing.

I'm betting there aren't too many folks out there who are willing to go online with no AV or firewall - one magazine reported it takes about 30 seconds for 'someone' to start loading malware of some sort onto your system if you don't have a firewall & AV running.

I use both IE & Firefox - IE handles sites that update regularly & include the date as part of the URL MUCH better than Firefox, while Firefox handles sites such as these forums MUCH better than IE. "Horses for Courses". And I have great trouble getting Firefox to download its own updates for some reason - it keeps reporting updates but then refuses to find them:confused: :confused:
    You can get a firefox extension to open pages in an IE tab. I have issues with some pages for work wont work in FF, but I right click on the tab and select "switch rendering engine" and works. Saves having multiple windows open..
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys