Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's nice to hear a thumbs up for the emergency services, and good to hear your wife is on the mend. Hope she is back home giving plenty of cheek (meaning fighting fit) soon.

John

Thanks for all your concern. My wife came home today and is now recuperating.

Within a few days she will be up and dancing the night away again with me.

Peter.

Great news Peter!

Yep I agree wiyj you Peter, Ambos are a credit to the nation as well as other emergancy staff we need more of them not politikies. Our best wishes to your beloved. Tony
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

Peter, glad to hear the missus is back on her feet.

We found last year when our daughter was sick that without exception the people who work in the hospitals, ambulance services and care flight were helpful, cheerful and devoted - especially the ones who work with kids. It's the lack of money and poor management that brings about the perceived problems. It must be very difficult for those people who do the job that they have been drawn to with so much going against them. After our experience last year, my wife and I have complete faith in the medical system. Things go wrong but it's not from want of trying.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Whilst there are many things wrong with the public health system, and lots more needs to be done, the human face of the system being the people that actually deal with the patients is fantastic.
    Never heard it put better than that, Peter.

Glad to hear your wife is recovering well.
    Retired member

Peter,
    great outcome for your missus. Do agree what has been said about those who work in health and other emergency services. They work under difficult conditions and are often used as political handballs. It is just fantastic to once again realise how the human spirit triumphs.
    Regards
    Les

Glad to hear she is ok

Can I suggest you write a quick thankyou note/card to those in emergency and the ambo's.

Having worked in ED as a nurse for over 3 years I know we always really appreciated words of thanks as opposed to the words of abuse that we cop from the public on a more regular basis

Joel
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub
    Glad to hear she is ok

Can I suggest you write a quick thankyou note/card to those in emergency and the ambo's.

Having worked in ED as a nurse for over 3 years I know we always really appreciated words of thanks as opposed to the words of abuse that we cop from the public on a more regular basis

Joel
    How very true my BIL is an ambo 20 years, and the stuff they have to put up with and still follow all the rules etc, I wouldn't last a week .

Peter Glad to see all went well the call out and the recovery. Your type of call outs are the ones the ambo's etc love to do , where someone is in genuine need and they can use their skills to help.
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Can I suggest you write a quick thankyou note/card to those in emergency and the ambo's
    We did one better than that. We rang the local paper and got them to do a story on it. Thought people might like to hear a good story for a change.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

I know how you feel, Peter. SWMBO is a type one diabetic. She lost the plot with her sugar levels while sleeping during a flu and started to have fits. What I quickly discovered was that all of the medical knowledge in our house was stored in the same mind that was fitting.

I dialled 000 and the emergency operator talked me towards the fridge and a bottle of SOLO, that I then poured slowly through her lips. By the time she'd had half a (spilled) glass the ambulance was coming through the gate.

What'd we do without them?

Recovery going well? Ambo's and emergency peeps are wonderful......... no doubt about that.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by JDub

Joel
    I was also an Emergency RN for several years, and yep, you cop more abuse than praise. Give em a big thumbs up!
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

It was really great to hear Peter,that your wife has recovered from a potentially dangerous situation and that the Ambos were as usual efficient & prompt in their actions which probably helped to allay your concerns at the time.
    Good to see that the medical & ambo staff get acknowledged for the sometimes trying circumstances in which they not only work but are also put under.
    Recently I had Knee surgery and was up and ably about due to the staff being helpful and efficient.On a personal note I like to go back and thank them even if it's just with a note and a box of roses chocolates to let them know that I personally want to thank them.

Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.