Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay FEE SHOCK

Quote Originally Posted by namtrak
    Not necessarily, I much prefer to buy off private sellers, as I think I can find bargains there moreso than with stores. I actually go out of my way to avoid all those turbo listings and buy it now listings, to look for the backyarder. I look at it the same way I do as garage sales versus $2 shops. At the end of the day, if I am prepared to put in the time I will always find the better deal at the garage sale. Works for me
    I actually find more bargains in stores because you have to search harder to find them, and because it used to be cheaper to list them in store, the prices were generally lower.

I scored a set of 10 Japanese 'Yasuki' steel chisels (3mm - 42mm) in a store for AU$310 Express delivered to Aus from Japan. See if you can beat that price anywhere on the net!.............. I hope i scored
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rod@plasterbrok
    It is possible, I really don't know how many auction sites could survive in Australia.
    Sold.com was rather large when Ebay was just starting out in Australia, it wasn't long until it went under the weight of Ebay.
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

That's just how tech companies work, get you in at low price/free, develop the product until it is dependable, then up the price in the hope that you have no choice but to comply.

At least at this stage the Buyer doesn't seem to suffer, just the seller who wishes to profit from the "phenomenom" that seems to be online trading

The auction aspect of these sites poses a paralell with gaming/pokies, you can't judge your bidding oppositions intent on an interpersonal level, especially with the automatic bidding function.

Standing on the floor at the auction house most people will observe between bids and assess the situation. Generated bids encourage out of range bidding.

Imagine the scenario if sometime in the future the taxation department decides to get a little more interested....
    People make mistakes...
    That's why they put erasers on the end of pencils

Just a gentle warning that this could be construed as a "collective boycott", which is illegal and can carry large fines under the Restrictive Trade Practices law.

By all means complain about the fee hikes, but to incite others to rise up against EBay and leave is dangerous ground, especially for business owners.

Sorry, but having just completed an online course on the RTP law this really stood out as a dodgy discussion.
    Ray

I disagree with you Zathras,

I Just re read the entire thread. There has been no incitement in any way. People here have just told the facts. They have indicated what they intend to to as a reaction to ebay jacking up fees. Then the discussion revolved around the alternatives available and thier viability.

I can't see anywhere where people are calling for a "collective boycott".

Sorry Ray I can't see anything wrong with this thread.

Regards

Rod Dyson
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

I agree with Rod, there is no discussion on this forum of boycott.

Ebay increased their prices so much that sellers are leaving in droves.

It would be unlawful for ebay to attempt to stifle discussion by FORMER ebay sellers as to their reasonable alternatives

Oh btw in another thread I stated that Yahoo auctions are totally free of cost. So there is another big player in the field who may capitalise on ebay's greed.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com