Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Holiday up north

Hello all!
    I've been on holidays for a fortnight, including 8 days on a trip up north. Back to reality now.
    I was invited to run a whittling workshop up at Yeppoon Village folk festival, so took the family on a drive with the ute chockers with tent, tools, work bench parts and vices etc!!:eek: . We had a great time there, very nice place, then went over to Great Keppel Island for 3nights. What a beautiful place, especially at this time of year. We all relaxed: slept late, ate till we couldn't, and sauntered from beach to tennis court to pool & spa!! Went on the glass bottom boat, paddled the sea kayaks etc. Beers and food were pricey as expected ($5 a can for Aussie beer), but we only had to buy lunch, the other meals included. The actual resort is a tad worn looking, but the facilities and sheer beauty make up for it.
    Now I'll get down to reading through the Forum again, its good to be home!

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

welcome back...lucky you!
    ....especially as a tinnie only costs $5:eek: up-wards of $6 is the norm down here in Mexico in a standard pub, let alone Great Keppel Island
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein