Sorry, folks but for some reason, the only way I can post a new thread is via the 'Finishing Forum' page. Came across this website while trying to work out the best way of tackling my problem ... ( 'Oh great, I'll tap into the combined knowledge of this lot!', I thought) ... but can't post a thread through the House Renovation Forum ... says I'm doing something inappropriate and to check out the rules. ( Geeeessss, and I didn't think they could SEE me let alone have a rule about it!). So if anyone in admin sees this maybe you could allow me access to some of the other forums (I promise I'll be on my best behaviour) Anyway, on with the business ...
I've decided to make some built-in robes in the old Queenslander but want to remain in keeping with the general style of the place. Having already used the Easycraft VJ I was thinking about using the 18ml stuff for the exterior and doors (hinged, not sliding) and using melamine on the interior for supports, shelves etc. Is Easycraft VJ the same as MDF and craftwood but with the routering already done? I'd love to use timber but 1. don't have access to anything other than meranti and 2. figure it'll be a bit pricey anyway.
I'm going to Brisvegas next week to sort out materials so I'd love to hear from anyone who could offer advice on what would be the most effective and durable way to go, or Bribaneites who know where to get some good service and supplies at good prices. (the Yellow Pages have their limitations) And PLANS ... if you've made a lovely job of the built-ins at your place I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks folks! And maybe I'll catch up with you in the Home Reno' Forums next time.

K