Default Where does one get those telegrah poles?

Im after a few of the wooden telegraph poles and wouldnt mind some help with sourcing them

Any ideas? Cheers
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

The companies that do the green, treated pine have the poles. I think Koppers is the main one.

Whatchya gonna do wif it?
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

Shane
    Do you want good poles - new or similar

or old poles - fire wood?

Old one coming from your local electrical authority would probably be treated timber, either green CCA which is quite toxic when burnt or real old poles which have been treated with creosote at the base (black stuff) which is toxic and carcinogenic.

Ask - he has a lathe big enough to throw one on (from memory!)
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Im not planning on working it well other than drilling bolting and cutting some notches and such... I intend to build a nice wee 100ft x 40ft pole shed (plans in hand) so I will require a few... We are presently looking at taking the humpyhoochy down and making two separate ones out of it one for me and my boat stuff and one for her bloody highness's garden things so Im considering building a pole shed

and if that works out as I expect it will the next step is a pole house to replace this one

Cheers!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Best bet Shane would to try calling the power mob over there and ask where they get their poles from?

Also send a PM to Jill, she built a pole style home over your end, so she might have some ideas too.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Do not recommend using old timber poles unless you have a big bank balance for replacement of chainsaw chains and auger bits. We have the hardest wooden poles in the world (fact). You would also have to remove any of the creosote treated section before use.

In Sydney for new poles, the electricity distributor that I work for uses Koppers Timber out of Beresfield in Newcastle which originally comes out of the Grafton area. We specially select our poles then have them treated with CCA.

All I could suggest is talking with Koppers as you would probably require a large number and for them to be relatively consistant in size and shape.

Shane you will find them growing in just about every street, just grab the trusty chainsaw and go for your life.

It probably wouldn't hurt to PM and ask if he has any ideas on the subject...
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc