Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Guys
    I have been using VOIP for the last 2 years and enjoying cheap calls that it would be painfull to go back to having to pay for calls at the price that the big telco charges. Over the last so long I have used 2 different systems for Voip calls. I started out with a program you can get off the internet for free from www.skype.com which allows you call call anyone else in the world for free so long as that person has the skype program on their computer. So all you have to do is get your friends and rellies to load the program on their computer and your away. You can also use the program to text other users for free. That is computer to computer. As well you can also see at a glance as to whether any of your contacts are online. You do need a head set or mic to make calls. The 2nd part of the system is where you can set up your computer to call any landline in the world by buying time in $10 blocks from Skype and this is call Skype Out. The only problem I have had is at times there may be a slight delay or lag in voice return possibly due to how busy the internet is at different times of the day. With Skype out you can call any landlines and in the world for as little as 2c/min which is really hard to beat. Mobile calls are slightly dearer.
    I now also have Voip access through Ozemail where if you bundle your internet and phone provider with them you get voip access for free. This means you pay $29.95 for your internet access then $31/mth for them to provide your phone service. This allows you to make calls to any capital city in Australia for 10c untimed and 5c/min to any landline in the world. Beauty of this is there is no delay in voice.
    I still use Skype to call my neice in Edinbugh and brother in Tassie simply on cost, not that there is a lot of difference in cost when it is so cheap. Skype is worth giving a go to see how you like cheap calls and you get it for nothing which is a bonus. No I don't work for either company.
    David H

Using Internode Node phone here and happy with it. Not the cheapest around but Internode unbeaten for backup service.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Bob

Do a search on Skype on the forum. There was quite a discussion on it and several forum members joined up. eg Al, Cliff Rodgers, dazza, Keith Cunnington and groggy

I have been using it for some time. I bought a logitech USB head set about $73.00.

Computer to computer is free as well as the software as DavidH showed the website. Call to most land lines all over the world average out at about 4.5cents a minute and 30 cents a miute to mobiles

I have a 2 way satellite connection and there is a bit of a delay but is OK. You just have allow a pause when you have finished speaking.

There is a company called GoBush Broadband through MyWisp at $29.95 a month for 500meg download limit at 256/64K download/upload. Do a google search.