Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tricycle progress update

Hi all, its been a while since last posted, heres some pics of my progress on the tricycle project. It should start coming together quicker now I have alot of components either done or well under way after working out how to do them.

These pics are of the back wheel, hub, spokes in place, thanks to rodm for your suggestion of drilling through the rim to set the spokes (see close-up, holes unplugged).

The hearts are carved from Huon, the copper has been vinegar and salted. The hub axle surrounds were found in junk shop, I think they were brass gas fittings. The paint work consists of an initial swash of indian ink follow by various coats of metallic acrylic, rubbed back after each coat.

Should be about 2 weeks before I can show you something more substantial.

See Thread: "which thread" for pics

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Default Tricycle progress update

G'Day Harry II.

I can't see your pictures, and I'd like to.

Buzza.

Could you show them to me as well please?

I've had no luck finding a thread:"which thread"
    Found it https://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...680#post316680

Cheers,

P

Default here goes

wasn't allowed to do this the other night as I had uploaded them in another thread so here goes (sorry about how disjointed this is):

...OK I've had enough fighting with computers for one day so all I can manage for now is 1 pic. I'll take some more soon.
    Attachment 24536
    materials: Huon hearts, copper wire, Tea Tree roots, and the hub is made from a really twistedy burly bit so the spokes entered it across the grain most of the time. Its all holding together really well, and feels strong, good enough to hold the frame and everything else up anyway. So far so good, steady as she goes. Please stay tuned.