Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Great day today

Default Great day today

G'day,

Just thought I'd share this with you. I had a really great day today. (Not that the're all not great, but this one was special). Went for a drive to Kingaroy (5 hour round trip) to visit my youngest daughter, husband and four grandkids. I've never been there before and the drive was very pleasant . Some beautiful farming country along the way but very, very dry. I really feel for you farmers.

The grandkids (3 boys & 1 girl) are still at the age where they think the're Grandad is Cooool. ( they range from 3 to 7).

Why?

1. Grandad made us a truck for Christmas. Cooool.

2. Grandad gave me a stack of little-girl makeup for Christmas. Cooool. But Mum won't let me play with it any more cause I got it on the car seats and my clothes and the lounge and my doona and the carpet. Not so.. Cooool.

3. Grandad's got a Subaru Forrester with heaps of storage thingies we can check out. Cooool.

4. We're going for a drive - we all want to go with Grandad. Cooool.

5. Grandad's got a boat and when I grow up, I'm going to get a boat too and Grandad and I are going to catch lots of fish and crabs. Grandad's going to go in his boat and I'm going to go in my boat and Grandad's going to tie up all the crabs so they won't bite me. Cooool.

6. Ta daaaa.... Grandad's got a chainsaw and he's going to cut down the silky oak tree in the back yard so we've got more room to ride our bikes. Gee we've got a good Grandad... He's so Cooool..

Well, I was going OK till #6, but unfortunately, other powers intervened. However, I still think these pesky silky oaks need to be taken in context. I mean, who could deprive little boys of a good sunny path to ride their bikes? Or a little girl to push her wheelbarrow with a bimini (my interpretation for a pram). Only a monster would leave that silky oak in place.

I hope each and every one of you have days like this at some stage.

Cheers,
    Keith

That is so cool Kieth. A very special day indeed. Enjoy.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

G'day Keith,
    Isn't it great having grand children that reckon that their grand dad is cool. You get to share wonderful, fun times with them, play games with them & review the world through a childs eyes. Ah, wonderful times. Plus you get to corrupt them subtly to play all those pranks on their parents that had you & your wife climbing the wall when they were young. Grandpa's revenge.
    Beaut post Keith. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Barry.

Top post Keith!

Oh, and out that way, I'm sure that Citrus Canker has crossed the gene pool, if you'd like a state government silky oak imported diseases inspector to visit with you next time, and help you load the spoils (for the usual fee of course), I'd have no problems forging the credentials!

That ought to sort out the other powers!

cheers,

P

That's a good one midge to get the children to do what you tell them*G*

Studley
    Aussie Hardwood Number One

It's the simple things in life that make it worthwhile.