Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Wongo - I love the grain in the door panel and drawer front - and all of it! Great work, & I love the photo of Jasmine with it - how sweet! I'll bet she thinks her dad's WAY up there! She is a lucky little girl!

Cheers,

Jill

Nice work. I especially like the drawer handle!

Cam
    <Insert witty remark here>

Thanks guys for the feedback.

My mate Clinton wanted to know how it is constructed. It is made of 3 components, the top, the cabin and the legs.

The top of the cabin isn’t a full board. They are 2 boards 10cm wide, one in the front and one at the back. So the dovetails at the top aren’t all real. Well they are real pins but you know what I mean.

The camera flashes made the Tas Oak too pale and the blackwood too dark. The colours actually quite even. Polished Blackwood is so beautiful to look at.

Cheers
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Wongo, re your comments about clearance on the panel. I use "space balls" These are about 3mm diameter and cna be easily deformed by the panel but they have a "memory" They will always return to their original size once the pressure dissapears. Rockler in the US sell them in packs of 100, they are cheapp and easy to get by post. Use 6mm clearance and it works like a charm IMHE
    Jacko
    Jacko

Excellent work Wongo. Well Done
    Regards
    Al .

You don't know, what you don't know, until you know it.

Very nice work Wongo. Jasmin is going to appreciate the cabinet for a long time.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Nice Job Wongo
    What's next on the list?
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Nice Job Wongo
    What's next on the list?

1.making a jig to sharpen the jointer and thicknesser knifes
    2.building 3 barriers for the stairs and kitchen. Emily is starting to get mobile.:eek:
    3.a dinner table (I need $750 worth of recycled timber.:eek: I am still trying to figure out an alternative )

Very nice work Wongo. Like the dovetails. Don't get the bit about not all of them being real?? Mixture of woods looks a tad messy, but as you say, probably exaggerated by the photography. Love the handmade handles: they always look so much better than the bought ones. Have a greeny.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

Zen, the top of cabin is not a panel as it will be covered by the top. I cut some pins to fill in between the tails.

And yes the photography did not show the real look of it.

I refuse to show my girlhoons this thread!!! I have 6 girls and all of them keep pesterin me to make them bedside cabinets wall shelving beds and what have you and now... aahhh shyte too friggin late!!... NOW thanks to our chingalese mate Ive got to make some!

Jasmine is spoilt! no seriously!! Jasmine is spoilt!! Well with a wonderful dadda makin her such fancy cabinets shes gotta have him wrapped around her wee tiny widdle finger doesnt she?

And before you do anything Wongo me ol china plate you gotta make little Emy bubby one too!!

Beautiful job mate and one to last her a life time well done

Ps... Im the same with the mdf... but will use ply if its grain is good
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!