Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: petrol again

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    In an attempt to negate that argument, I don't consume 6 bottles per 100km while driving, my cruiser does (24lt per 100km)
    Gees Iain I thought my F250 was bad at 20 per 100.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    In an attempt to negate that argument, I don't consume 6 bottles per 100km while driving, my cruiser does (24lt per 100km)
    Strewth Iain :eek: ! You do recall that the horse float can be disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    I prolly spend about $150 per week on fuel.

Al :eek:
    Yeah but we are driving Corollas, Gina has only got about 2 points left so she has slowed up a bit, I still have heaps, do you know that a Corolla will do 180KPH? Try that in your F250 & see how much you use a week.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    I am constantly amazed at people complaining at the price of fuel but don't bat an eyelid at walking into the servo and paying $4 a litre for bottled water.
    What makes it particularly sad is that some recent laboratory tests showed the bottled water had more sediments and bacteria than tap water, in almost every instance (test conducted in Melbourne using Melbourne tap water).

I dunno what you lot are whinging about...

I dropped into the local servo with an empty wine bottle and rag stopper, but the bloke behind the counter said he wouldn't sell me any petrol for love nor money. He did sell me a lighter, though...
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy
    What makes it particularly sad is that some recent laboratory tests showed the bottled water had more sediments and bacteria than tap water, in almost every instance (test conducted in Melbourne using Melbourne tap water).
    This just proves that nothing can live on the Melb water & the sediment is so heavy it settles out before it comes out of the tap.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers
    This just proves that nothing can live on the Melb water & the sediment is so heavy it settles out before it comes out of the tap.
    Trust you to go at it backasswards Cluff! Don'tcha have a tree to extricate from your shed or something?

Our trip from Geelong to Brisbane cost exactly $247 in fuel using the highest octain fuel available. Vehicle: longwheel base Toyota highace. Load : approx 900kg Distance : 1741 km I thought this was pretty good.

Now here's the wierd part. Same trip last year cost $293 and the year before $276 according to our log books.

So how come the big difference. Partly due to cruise control and partly dueto GPS and new motor. GPS took us a different route that was way further than the direct route we always take and somehow cut almost 7 hours off the journey..... Go figure.

Wierd stuff eh ........ Neil