Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What went wrong

Pete, I’d agree with your comments. If you read my advert on eBay I said “lightly filled”. In fact, the speaker chamber is broken down into 3 volumes with two internal ladder braces only 2 have fibre filling. The top speaker volume just as a “bit” of damping and the port volume just to discourage “kids” poking objects down the port!
    <o></o>
    I auditioned no-fill and light filled combinations and the latter helped tamed the metal cone “analytical” presentation. I’ve found that such filling doesn’t have too much effect on a bass reflex design.
    <o></o>
    Due to the physical build of these drivers it’s quite easy to workout the maker and model.
    <o></o>
    Great to see there’s another speaker builder hanging out here … love to see some pictures of your projects.
    Fantastic cheese Grommit!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenie512
    <O></O>
    Great to see there’s another speaker builder hanging out here … love to see some pictures of your projects.
    I'm going to have to invest in a digital camera. The trusty SLR is great, but it's not practical in this day and age.

Most of my speaker are designed for bass guitarists but as it happens, I'm about to build a centre speaker for my home theatre. My girlfriend agreed to buy the bits and pieces as my valentines day present (how romantic). I might have to start a thread here and post pics, design notes etc..........

Quote Originally Posted by Petebass
    Most of my speaker are designed for bass guitarists but as it happens, I'm about to build a centre speaker for my home theatre. My girlfriend agreed to buy the bits and pieces as my valentines day present (how romantic). I might have to start a thread here and post pics, design notes etc..........
    OK it's finished. Check out the thread at

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...d=1#post292604