Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have been avoiding this thread so far, as it makes my blood boil and I'll start swearing long and hard, which isn't allowed here. To my way of thinking banks are the pinnacle of disgusting human greed and avarice, soundly supported by a low-life government, the one that Australia deserves. Simply because it was stupid enough to vote them in 3 times. :mad:
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Willson
    Just noticed another 'hidden' fee. This one is from Suncorp. :mad:

I recently bought a few tools from a little known Canadian firm and the bustards charged me an $8.32 currency conversion fee.

Why hasn't somebody started up a bank that is of the people and for the people. They could be a non-profit making organisation and I am sure that they would make a killing.
    Bob, banks have been charging courrency conversion fees since the year dot. Its certainly stock standard on most credit cards when you make a purchase in foreign currency.

Re non profit making banks, the kiwis have half gone that way with Kiwibank. It was set up as a result of peoples disatisfaction with the major banks. Kiwibank operates from all Post Office agencies which means you dont have to trapse very far to do your banking.

Cheers Martin
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilMcCrackin
    Dunno bout you guys but I dont pay bank fees. In fact just the other day my banker rang to say id overdrawn my account and he topped it up to avoid a fee being charged.

Go The Commonwealth Bank!
    Phil,

You've struck it lucky in having a local branch manager who realises that its better in the long term to cut a few fees and keep a customer's business. Youre probably also a person who's less apathetic than the average bank customer and has actually approached your local manager and discussed fee reduction/removal.

As for the CBA.....my local branch doesn't have a manager and there's a different set of fresh out of high school youngsters behind the counter every week.

Cheers Martin
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    If I get a cheque from overseas, it costs me $20 to bank it ... regardless of where I bank it. What a rip off.

Bloody banks. I still reckon the ideal is a big box, a few metres of chain, three or four large padlocks and a very hungry Rotty.

Richard
    Richard, you'll be going backwards with the money in the big box. Inflation will reduce it down to nothing by the time you retire and unless you get at least one attempted burglary every 2 days the dog food bill is also going to chew into your nest egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mac
    ...stupid enough to vote them in 3 times. :mad:

Errr.... check out the opposition.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.