Default Cost of Demolition of house (Vic)

I am currently looking at a few plans for a property located on the Mornington Penninsula here in Victoria. The land size is fairly good but the dwelling needs a bulldozer.
    Does anyone have any idea on the approximate costs associated with demolishing a smallish 14 square house ?
    It is made out of the the old Shadow Line aspestos so this may increase the costs?
    There is also an in ground concrete pool that I would need to fill in and make stable enough to devlop directly over - not sure whats invloved with that one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance, Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper_Kev
    It is made out of the the old Shadow Line aspestos so this may increase the costs?
    There goes your budget, once asbestos is involved triple or quadruple your costs.

Al

I know some tenants who will pay you rent and demolish it at the same time - without even being asked to do so.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

We demolished a post-war house in brisbane in January this year. It was a 150sqm weatherboard house. It had some asbestos sheeting in the bathroom, luadry and toilet areas here is the cost breakdown that I can recall:

Professional demolition including removal of rock retaining walls and all asbestos $6930

Certification costs (demolition approval) approx $400
    Council fee (brisbane city council) $100-
    Capping sewer connection:
    Plumber $200
    Earthmover $320-

All up around $7950

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by TallStreak
    Professional demolition including removal of rock retaining walls and all asbestos $6930
    Certification costs (demolition approval) approx $400
    Council fee (brisbane city council) $100-
    Capping sewer connection:
    Plumber $200
    Earthmover $320-
    All up around $7950
    Hope this helps
    Thanks TallStreak, that was excactly the info i was looking for. I will just plan on it being about $10k. it's just budgetry at the moment.
    Now I just have to figure how to fill in the pool so it can be built over?

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    There goes your budget, once asbestos is involved triple or quadruple your costs.

Al
    Yes, thats probably close. I think the shadow line was a fairly low grade asbestos but off course anything with asbesdos in it will cost more.

Kev,
    Cost depends on how much you are prepared to do. Use caution/safety etc but don't be frightened or conned with the asbestos removal. I have just demolished my house (Perth). It was built in the 1950's and had the deadly blue asbestos as eaves linings and was also used as packing in various locations. $17.00 was the total cost for disposal for 300kg's (included some deep 6 abestos fence sheets) at an official disposal site. It had to be plastic (builders) wrapped and taped up. When I got to the disposal site I seen asbestos in just garbags.

I wanted all the big timbers in the my house so I striped it to just the brick wall shell. The price to demolish/remove the brick walls concrete footings and concrete drive was $4,400.00. The Excavator had it domolished, loaded onto 4 semi-tippers and all gone from the site in 5 hours. Bloody good money but then they have machinery operating costs etc. The mob I used was Capital Demolition and they crush and recycle brick and concrete.

I also collected/saved all scrap metal from the house (electrical wiring, plumbing fittings, copper pipes etc, iron/steel etc), the vast majority of the wire I striped the plastic off. I collected $730.00 for the sale of all the scrap metal which blew me away a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rod1949
    Kev,
    $17.00 was the total cost for disposal for 300kg's (included some deep 6 abestos fence sheets) at an official disposal site. It had to be plastic (builders) wrapped and taped up.
    That's cheap. There is only 2 sites in Melbourne, one out near Eltham and one in Altona Nth. $35 handling fee and then $0.80/kg from memory.

I had the faux brick asbestos cladding removed from a 12 square cal bungalow - cost $3,500....

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    I know some tenants who will pay you rent and demolish it at the same time - without even being asked to do so.
    Yep I know them, I rented a house out to them once.

Al :mad:

You will have to pier to solid ground within the filled in pool boundaries and closely around it. Engineer time and dollars I would think.
    CHRIS