Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gnu52
    Have found coins in the frame work, near new titan chisel on a nog , interesting papers under lino, 30's fashion catalogue under bath ( Still dry), sawn off .22 in a wall, a lot of builders/ carpenters names usually in chalk...
    Somewhere, some day, some lucky renovator's gonna find a near new 48V Hilty sitting on a noggin.

If I knew which site the apprentice left it at I'd go a-visiting, stud-finder in hand. Couldn't ask the apprentice... he was too busy down at the DSS; he'd had "one of those days" and unluckily for him I'd had "one of those weeks."
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

alway love reading the old newspapers one finds under the lino...i's almost like steping back in time...

finding a suitcase full of loot would be nice...or gold maybe...
    Hurry, slowly

BIL bought a house from a widower, the old gals husband was an alcoholic and died of some related illness.

When the BIL started renovating he found about 2 dozen bottles of whiskey and scotch. He had a stash hidden in little openings beside every chimney (there were 5 chimenys).

He also found about 3 dozen bottles of home made wines, all were off though.

joez

Many (a bloody lot) of years ago Mum owned a butcher shop. One of the local oldies, who looked like a derro, died. His son-in law demolished the old bloke's house and Mum said he paid his bill with gold soverigns for about 2 years. Face value was 1 guinea ($2.10), mum used to take them to chinatown in Sydney and get 12 pound 10 shillings ( $25.00)for them.

Talking just junk and big boobs..maybe

I'm just demolishing the old outhouse/garden shed in preparation for the extensions and found.

1. one old frilly bra (very large);:eek: (this was poked down behind the old cast iron cistern )
    2. two old toilet rolls (dark brown with age not turdies)
    3. a piece of wooden crate stencilled with a lot of french text "au lait preparee" is part of it. Looks like some kind of clear grained pine.:confused:
    4. two old coat/hat hooks
    5. an axe head
    6. a big horseshoe (draught i think)

Boring junk in other words. Except I reckon someone was havin' some solo fun with the large over the shoulder boulder holders.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Except I reckon someone was havin' some solo fun with the large over the shoulder boulder holders
    Was having or Is having, Sheddie?
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick
    Hey Al,
    I went to the Babel fish link and they don't have enough languages, no Suomi (I think that's what the Finns call their language), Mick
    Try Russian to 'Strine
    Judge not lest you're judging yourself

Quote Originally Posted by stevebaby
    How did you find out the dope was no good?
    I made the aprentice smoke it to see... nah, I just figured damp and mouldy = bad.

I had to rebuild a room under my house a while ago as it was built badly and the window was falling out. I couldn't figure out how anyone could build anything so badly out of plumb and level. I discovered how after I removed the last sheet and found a level in the wall cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by julianx
    I had to rebuild a room under my house a while ago as it was built badly and the window was falling out. I couldn't figure out how anyone could build anything so badly out of plumb and level. I discovered how after I removed the last sheet and found a level in the wall cavity.
    ROFLMAO!
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

My mother-in-law found $800 cash hidden in the kitchen during her kitchen renovation. Tradie doing the job was nice enough to hand it over. She has had the place for 10 years, had been there a while but all plastic $50 and $20 notes in a zip-loc bag so cannot be too old.

Somone will get a nice 25mm Tajima rock hard snap knife when my current place gets demolished. Had already plastered the joints in the villa board in the bathroom before I went looking for it, remember leaving it on a nog the day before.

I found some nice secret compartments underneath my place, all decked out to secretly store model trains. The house had a model train room, unfortunately the trains were no longer there.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

When digging footings for a reno on our 110 ish old home I found about 60 intact bottles, including three marble bottles.

Still havn't cleaned them all up!

Quote Originally Posted by mag
    , including three marble bottles.
    Codds!!
    Seriously, thats what they are called.....

Al

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Kitchen reno, about 20 kilos of antique mouse and rat poo, is that worth anything?
    The bathroom was precious, took of the plasterboard surround and found it was an old clawfoot bath from the previous house on the property.
    I hate them, too many bad memories from hospital when I was a kid, sold the bloody heavy thing and put in a spa.,
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I was asked to remove a shed and it's contents to the tip in outback NSW so we got there started to remove contents (1) Furgi (1) 1955 chev (1) TK bedfood truck tools galore bugga the tip my shed now has all the tools sold the truck brother got furgi and i drive the chev, Owner was happy with the job didn't want the contents of shed at all nor the shed which we scrapted.
    And got paid to to it gee i love my Uncle (the owner)