Six hours plus.

The painting put in today was created from a photograph taken in the 1980's whilst on holiday in the Lake District, Cumbria, U.K. Those days when we went on a holiday a 35mm film was purchased with 36 exps. and quite honestly had to last the holiday. The cost of film and then the processing charge was vastly different in expense than today when comparing to digital.
If I was returning to this scene today I most probably would expose 36 shots on just this one subject. I would also like one day to extend this painting with a flock of sheep together with a sheepdog and shepherd. This today is possible with the advent of digital and computer imaging software because another picture with a flock could easily be pasted on to the road space.
There are two photographs included with this painting today to display the lovely area of Cumbria which hopefully brings back pleasant memories of this area and those strange to this area can perhaps admire.
This painting did take longer than my usual 30 minutes, I even did a trial run to paint some stonework before starting on the full scene.

Painting attached to newspaper to create a heavierweight paper (my idea)

The trial run stonework sketch.

The two photographs I took that day in the Lake District, Langsdale area.