Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thumbs up Thumbs up for Shellawax

I grabbed a bottle of this funny colored gunk called Shellawax (apparently) from the local supplier yesterday and proceeded to apply some to a pine spindle (actually a handle for a kids hammer) made out of offcuts from pine house frame timber (yes that ridged stuff).

After sanding through various grits, but only up to 800 (1200 recommended but I didn't have any on hand), on went the shellawax and naturally, the pine gobbled it all up. I sanded between coats lightly with the 800 grit paper and applied a second coat....

Got a rather nice shine and the pine actually has come out rather nice. This stuff is a winner - so my thanks to the U'beaut team that has made my construction lumber look like a million dollars (well maybe $50).

Thumbs up and definitely consider getting yourself some for your next turning project.

I'll post pics of the hammer as soon as I turn and attach the head piece to the handle.

Talking

DEAN ..... 348 posts thus far and you haven't tried the great ones products until now????????? :eek:

Freeloader
    Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

Hehe

Haven't had time to yet! I've been posting instead!