Default Bracing Post to carport?

G,Day,Im going to cladd my carport with colorbond.The structure is 8metresx6metres.
    I will use A,Panel or Apclad Panel,The roof is Tiled and it is pitched like an A Frame,and is held up with four post on each corner the post are Braced on the out side. The bracing in the shape of an X,my question is what can I do to remove the Bracing without making the structure loose stability and fit the Clad. I realise I will have to fit Horizontal Batterns to fix the clading to but will that be enought to brace the carport?Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks.2Bob

Horizontal battens won't brace anything.

You could conceivably get away with smaller braces in the corners or metal brackets, but the best method (IMHO) would be to buy galvanised bracing strips to replace the existing braces. Just use galv clouts to nail 'em in the same X-pattern to the uprights and horizontal battens and you should be right.

Errmmm... a 6m span is a looong way to run battens. You going to add a few vertical studs (and top-/bottom-plates) as well? I hope so.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Why not buy some 12mm threaded rod in 3metre lengths and join it with threaded rod joiners and bolt some angle brackets on the insides of the posts and a couple of 12 mm turn buckles to adjust the tension and fix them in the form of an X the same as the existing.

Use a couple of 12mm nuts and washers on each side of the angle brackets.

This is how we used to brace the bigger shed that we sold.

Or id you used Builders strapping as Skew says you can buy strap tensioners to tighten it.

As Skew says you will need some intermediate columns to fix your battens to.

What sort of cladding are you using? In some cases, cladding can double as bracing.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Thanks Guys,
    I should have said that I will be adding Verticle studs with top and bottom plates,Thanks for the advice I will put it to work,and go with the Galvanised Bracing strips with Gal clouts,with bracing in each corner I think that may do the job.the Cladding i will be useing will either be A Clad Panel or Apclad Panel not sure yet thanks for the help.

Cheers 2Bob