Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face Mask!

Thumbs down

From a manufacturers point of view. The MSDS often overstates to the point of rediculous some of the possible symptoms and side effects of a product. They also err on the side of the worst possible case scenario and then exagerate the facts (AND RIGHTLY SO).

On the other hand I was told by the manufacturer of a supposedly safe, natural (organic) type finish that he writes his own MSDS's with no input from outside authorities. It is possible that this one could be a missleading load of hogwash. (Not nessescsarily but possible).

In my oppinion the MSDS is only as good as the information that is supplied to the person or company who compiles MSDS. This should be someone who is preferably authorised to undertake such work and not some idiot with a flare for writing fiction.

The idea of an MSDS is to prevent injury and possibly death from missuse. And although the symptoms etc. may be over stated in many cases I would rather that than having them understated or not mentioned at all, which I am sure is the case for some products.

My 2 bobs worth.

Cheers - Neil

PS Our MSDS's are compiled by an indipendent authority called Info Safe. (No bullshyt just the facts - somewhat overstated yes, but none the less, still the facts)
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

Exclamation

MSDS......Pardon my ignorance wasn't aware of them but appreciate all of you guy's bringing them to light for those of us in the dark.

Makes sense I suppose in these new ages'

I was aware that data sheets existed which didn't necessarily go into the safety aspects of the product.

Now if I can just get me one o' them Sundstrom thingies she'll be Jake!
    Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Thumbs up

Good point. Like most things if the info is biased then....... the out come is equally as biased. The MSDS' that i have collected are also compiled by "Infosafe". I suppost that i have to trust whats written and recommended, for my own healths sake and, the environment which i live in .
    As a friend pointed out to me once apon a while back, the difference between "Toxic" and "Non Toxic" is one dead rat!!!! True and all, 6 dead rats ( Mice or Rabbits ) = Non Toxic. 7+ dead rats = Toxic....Go figure .

Wink

Geez, Don't know if I would like spraying with a rat running round in me mask

------------------
    Shane Watson..

Combine Love & Skill & You Can Expect A Masterpiece!

Wink

C'mon. They don't smell to bad and..........
    they taste even better.

Lightbulb

Thought I'd chuck another two cents worth in and give the local Sundstrom a plug.Site can be found at www.seasafe.com.au for those interested in data sheets etc.
    Cheers

------------------
    Johnno
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.