Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Kiandra to Tumut.

When in Oz. 2005 the road from Kiandra to Tumut gave a very enjoyable ride so we stayed overnight at Tumut and did the tour again the next day, many driving stops were involved and photographs taken. In addition we burnt up a lot of engine oil going up those mountains (and down). Some forum members might recall we were using a Wicked Camper Van and actually the driving position when at the wheel I can tell you are a much more pleasant way of touring than you might imagine. Your driving seat is about 12" above your wheel height so you have a greater vision depth and more time to look around whilst driving than happens with a saloon car. It must be better because we negotiated every bend without mishap. The adverse side of using a van is of course the noise level, it is different than a saloon car.

The frost and cold snap is still around here in the U.K. so a painting was attempted of the lovely mountain scenery around Tumut. Hope you enjoy.

PS.

Frost forecast for another week so please bear with me and my paintings instead of the usual woodwork photographs.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I remember going down the hill from Cooma to Tumut in a panel van, overloaded and with crap brakes. ( thanks guys )

And I was always thinking of ramming the van into the safety rail to slow it down.

What a trip, I was glad to get onto level ground again. :eek:

Al

JJ the scenery is too still, it needs to be wooshing past at 100 kms per hour.